• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

Happy with how things are going recently, please can we smash KL tonight and really add the icing on the cake

soon i think we are going to win a game well ,everything will finally click into place and a 4-0 ,4-1 score will be on the cards ,until then we will jst keep on improving little by little ,wins by the odd goal will suit me just fine, there will be setbacks its normal, even in our heady days there was. We have finally turned the corner ,no more talk about relegation please, lets just concentrate on supporting the management and players SUFC IS ON THE WAY UP!

I wonder if that's us done for a while?

We need to undoubtedly ship players out.

Unfortunately, the likes of Coulson, Ferguson, Dunn and Agogo will be picking up wages for a while.

Unfortunately, the likes of Coulson, Ferguson, Dunn and Agogo will be picking up wages for a while.
Plus I wonder what the wages scenario now is with AKI and ANG, I forget but does insurance help in these unfortunate positions?

Plus I wonder what the wages scenario now is with AKI and ANG, I forget but does insurance help in these unfortunate positions?
Wouldn’t of thought so. Not that Ron would shell out the premiums anyway ?

That's the big problem. We have a first team squad of 34/35 before the new lads, and as you rightly say, players such as Coulson, Ferguson etc would be on good money with contract past the end of this season in some cases, hence will be difficult to move on with finances across the football board being tight.

Should be 1 next week, and all being well, could be 2. Be more in time for Dover as opposed to Aldershot.

Egbri should be out of the door, and potentially one other as well.

Interesting. Would guess a striker to cover for Murphy (or replace him?) and the other being another central midfielder (especially if Atkinson's contract isn't renewed).

(am not in the know at all, just a guess)

Should be 1 next week, and all being well, could be 2. Be more in time for Dover as opposed to Aldershot.

If its from the list to go my preference would be Dunne. The others are only on a year contract but if we can get his 2 year contract off the books we would be laughing

I’m amazed and delighted we’ve got the budget to keep recruiting. There is going to be one hell of a cull this summer. Looks like nearly all the ex academy players are off the radar now.
These players transfer fees are a mere trifle compared to our various hmrc bills. The question is more if we can keep paying them on time.

Would that be in addition to Kinali who has gone back to Hendon on loan for the rest of the season?
Like Benton and Egbri, if he goes to Farnborough for the rest of the season, that takes him to the end of his Southend contract.

I suppose we are signings players now and even paying fees because next season with the financial rules in it will restrict us to an extent. So we are doing a mini Wrexham, Stockport and Chesterfield

Egbri, Kinali, Mitchell-Nelson out on loan

Potential funds to bring in a winger?

Would that be in addition to Kinali who has gone back to Hendon on loan for the rest of the season?
Like Benton and Egbri, if he goes to Farnborough for the rest of the season, that takes him to the end of his Southend contract.

In addition too…

Someone who has been in and around the first team.

Back