• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

Thought I had read somewhere that Atkinson's contract had been extended until the end of the season. On the evidence of last night a good thing. When he was with us before his true value was only appreciated when he wasn't playing. The way he is playing at the moment, he is well worth keeping.
I think Atkinson’s contract was one year with us having a break clause in Jan? Think I mentioned this before but would mean there is nothing to “extend” or negotiate - so maybe there will no announcement. We shall see.

Be surprised if it wasn't Ferguson, no inside knowledge but seems one of the players who isn't even first choice backup, would be on a decent wage and could have suitors.
Or Harry Phillips. I’d be amazed if he’s here next season. Might not be a bad time for him to find a new club.

It's already been announced - couple of threads on here and on the official site. Kinali, Egbri and MMN

Didn't Ferguson turn down a move to Aldershot in the summer or am I misremembering?

I could see him linking up with MM again

I would think its got to be Seadon.
Not on the bench and if you also notice in the warm up's. Its Ndi who is between the sticks.
Is he really only a teenager (Ndi), He looks older.
It does appear our Managment team, think Seadon will benefit from playing regular football. All the sign's are there.

Be surprised if it wasn't Ferguson, no inside knowledge but seems one of the players who isn't even first choice backup, would be on a decent wage and could have suitors.
I hope so. There is a player in there somewhere, but it just hasn’t happened for him with us. Best for all that he moves on.

Ferguson was a used substitute Friday so he would still seem to be ahead of quite a few in the pecking order.

I think Atkinson’s contract was one year with us having a break clause in Jan? Think I mentioned this before but would mean there is nothing to “extend” or negotiate - so maybe there will no announcement. We shall see.

I'm sure Atkinson was interviewed in the Echo a couple of weeks back saying he hoped to be extended, which would suggest it is up this month

With the 3 youngsters loaned out for the rest of the season that still leaves us with a largish squad of 29, and I would be surprised if the 3 lads were on mega pay, so maybe not unlocking much for incoming

Wonder whether Ron is accessing more funding on back of Ground development opportunities, which was said would be available once the light goes bright green ?

With the 3 youngsters loaned out for the rest of the season that still leaves us with a largish squad of 29, and I would be surprised if the 3 lads were on mega pay, so maybe not unlocking much for incoming

Wonder whether Ron is accessing more funding on back of Ground development opportunities, which was said would be available once the light goes bright green ?
Someone told me that some funds had been released to firstly clear the embargo and secondly to sign new players. Otherwise how would this be possible?

Back