• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

We had four months of an embargo, surely other players would have been identified ready to sign when it was lifted!!!!!!

We had four months of an embargo, surely other players would have been identified ready to sign when it was lifted!!!!!!

They were and some chose to join other clubs.

I'm sure the new additions will be good ones

There was, and still is, some went to other clubs, and I assume some would be in the process of signing as we speak.

Seems more like there is nothing on the horizon and we have to wait.
I guess it’s only going to be loan players, I’ve already highlighted the clubs lack of funds to attract established players in this league.

Yes that's the thing we need to be realistic. 1 or 2 is probably the max the budget will stretch to. After that we will have to get rid before we can bring someone in. We have one of the biggest squads in the division

what if the ones identified have no interest in signing, or, we cannot afford them?
or we are negotiating?
in real life these things time even when they eventuate!

where did you get 4 months from the embargo was placed in nov 2021 .And was lifted in dec 2021 not 4 months is it

I am personally offended that John Still and Stan Collymore have not yet identified and sent someone round to fix my shower. The embargo is over but the water temperature is not quite how I like it

My handy tip would be, if the dial is on number 6 and you want it warmer, then turn it to 7......Don't tell everyone other wise i will lose out on £50 call out and £35 for the first hour type jobs.

It’s been well documented that players were identified and had agreed to signed but with memories of Osadebe and Vassell and then Akinola no doubt fresh in the minds of agents the players understandably didn’t want to wait around to see if the embargo was lifted this season or not. We know Richardson at Forest was one Stan had lined up from his old club and he went to Notts County instead.

It’s been well documented that players were identified and had agreed to signed but with memories of Osadebe and Vassell and then Akinola no doubt fresh in the minds of agents the players understandably didn’t want to wait around to see if the embargo was lifted this season or not. We know Richardson at Forest was one Stan had lined up from his old club and he went to Notts County instead.
I believe that Richardson went back to Forest after County game v Dover. County want him to stay but not been decided yet.

It's obviously disappointing to hear we may only get a couple more signings, and they don't seem imminent, but it's the reality.

We forget that we still have players like ANG and Akinola taking up a large chunk of the wage. It's obviously not their fault that they are unavailable but it doesn't help our situation. It doesn't help if we want to call upon them or if we want to offload them to free up wages. It's two wages and spaces in the squad we probably have to carry until the end of the season with no outlay on the pitch.

Then there are players like Ferguson and Dunne. One on a reduced league 2 wage and another on a two year deal. Not many will take Ferguson's wage on and Dunne will be hard to offload for another 18 months. I can't see us going and signing two midfielders and just have Dunne and Ferguson sitting in the stands for nothing. I think Maher is going to have to just work with the majority of what he has got. Again, not ideal, but it is the reality.

In essence, Bridge has replaced Brunt. Neal was the extra midfielder we needed and Kensdale was the extra defender we needed. If we only have a couple of spots available within budget, we really need to highlight the biggest priority. I'd say a winger and a striker.

Back