• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

Is the Davies transfer off? Cp said put notifications on last night still nothing
It's 10am the following morning. I don't think anyone even probably got to the training ground before 9.30am.

Then there will probably be a light training session, then the obligatory interview and video etc.

I'm sure if it didn't get done last night, it will be done today at some point but they have got an important game to prepare for.

Are there any more in the pipeline?

I think @BoyWonder2 said initially there was budget for two - we’ve now signed Kensdale and Davies. Is it now one out before one in?

I think @BoyWonder2 said initially there was budget for two - we’ve now signed Kensdale and Davies. Is it now one out before one in?
I think there might be another loan in the pipeline but more likely to be done by the weekend if it happens. Although I'm open to being pleasantly surprised!

If he can cross a ball then he is ahead of JD all day long. The amount of times JD tries to beat a man twice before then trying to cross with his weaker left foot does my head in. Saturday numerous times he had the time and space to whip a cross in on his right but kept cutting back in and mis hitting with his left……grrrr. Rant over

Totally agree, that was my frustration on Saturday. JD did well getting forward and then messed it up!

With
Sim out but maybe be back before end of season - another forward needed
Bridge and Walsh back soon after Covid - adequate as widemen
ANG - not sure what the situ is
Rush, Egbri, Gard, Phillips, Howard - not getting too much game time

Where do we need to boost if only space for one or two. Surely upfront?

Our budget will be limited, which is the main reason why a rebuild is needed in the summer, more to play with.

Even if there is additional budget, it’ll come from Ron, and I’d rather not put more strain on financial resources than absolutely necessary to survive this season.

Really don’t want an embargo ever again.

With
Sim out but maybe be back before end of season - another forward needed
Bridge and Walsh back soon after Covid - adequate as widemen
ANG - not sure what the situ is
Rush, Egbri, Gard, Phillips, Howard - not getting too much game time

Where do we need to boost if only space for one or two. Surely upfront?
I would suggest maybe another central midfielder to replace the boys from the old brigade. That would allow us to release Atko and therefore make a saving on wages (assuming the loan will be at no cost).

As @Bexley Blue has mentioned, there is a loanee, who all being well, could be through the door before the weekend.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple more added to be completely honest.

Throwing out a couple of random guesses:
Wraynel Hercules - Brentford winger/forward who would have been around at Barnet when Currie was manager
Abu Kamara who has looked decent for Norwich U23 in recent weeks

We need a striker on loan or we sign from Conference South or lower! As Murphy could be out and Rush is too lightweight and he is perfect for Billericay or Braintree more than we do.

Im thinking Abu Kamara on Magnum PI tip about a new Francis Laurent and the fact that Norwich can see we are doing a fine job with Dennis.

So those in the know, any likelihood of us signing someone tomorrow? Saw some talk earlier in the week about maybe a loanee coming in, that was after Davies signed

Back