• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley feels Simeon Akinola is not ready to play

Marvellous!
It's like sand through your fingers, isn't it?
Everything has to be one slap in the face after the other.
How long will a 'pre-season' take? Normally, that's six weeks.

Seriously? Macca is 10 years older and I know was involved with Cambridge so not totally without some pre season. Surely he must offer more up front for 45 minutes than we currently have.

Last edited:
I know the answer is up on here somewhere, but my poor ageing brain is getting hopelessly confused about Akinola's eligibility to play once MM deems him fit enough. Once he is fit, what needs to happen before he is able to be selected for a match?

Can we just offload someone on loan to free up a slot for him? Or is it enough simply to de-register someone already under contract? Or...do we also have to drive the chosen one out of town tied to a mule? Does the chosen one need to be over or under 23, and have had more or less than 1 minute's pitch time, or is it sufficient if he has a sub-23 year old cousin?

Can a knowledgeable someone explain this in a succinct sentence or two, as a service to an old man who can't face trawling through the other threads again?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Seriously? Macca is 10 years older and I know was involved with Cambridge so not totally without some pre season. Surely he must offer more up front for 45 minutes than we currently have.
Maybe in normal circumstances we'd be playing him in 15 minute cameos to get his sharpness back but he can't play until we offload someone can he? Under the embargo rules any player in contract that last played for us counts as a registered player towards the 23 man limit and with McCormack playing against Carlisle that means we're already at the limit, I'm pretty sure all 23 players listed on our first team page would fall under the registration rules.

Back