• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley felt it was 'men against boys' against Harrogate Town

Sorry MM, reality check!! i appriciate you havent got much to work with. Blame Uncle Ron and years of mismanagement. You've summed it up perfectly!! men against boys and journeymen at that. God i feel sorry for you MM talk about a poisoned chalice!!

"High standards have been set in training and they need to be met".
Maybe, that was a slip of the tongue, but surely the high standards have been met already? If not, why?
I like his honesty, but that side of youngsters won't.
In essence, he's telling the world they're not good enough.

"High standards have been set in training and they need to be met".
Maybe, that was a slip of the tongue, but surely the high standards have been met already? If not, why?
I like his honesty, but that side of youngsters won't.
In essence, he's telling the world they're not good enough.

I think you've read too much into that. I took it to mean that he's pleased with how they've taken on board his ideas on the training pitch, but didn't translate it into a game situation yesterday and need to do so more consistently. Kind of like "I know you can do what I'm asking you to do, you've shown it in training, so I see no good reason why you played like that yesterday".

I think you've read too much into that. I took it to mean that he's pleased with how they've taken on board his ideas on the training pitch, but didn't translate it into a game situation yesterday and need to do so more consistently. Kind of like "I know you can do what I'm asking you to do, you've shown it in training, so I see no good reason why you played like that yesterday".
Exactly.

OK, thanks, and therefore 'met' needs to be swapped for 'shown on the pitch'.
Because, as it stands he's saying something else.
He'll need a translator like Bielsa's next, despite the fact he's from west London!

Back