• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley happy with his squad

Mark Molesley: "We came up short physically, mentally and tactically."

Yet he feels new formation can work well and he is happy with his squad. :Think::Think::Think:

Wow sounded like he’s going from hero to zero in a matter of days here , without the chance of a win tomorrow and I would imagine Saturday too... what’s this place gonna be like next Sunday ⛑

So there you are doing your job as best you think you can, its not going well, and you hear that your boss is slagging you off at every opportinuty to all and sundry about how useless you are and the sooner he can replace you with someone else the better. You'd feel sooo motivated wouldn't you.

Personally I'd far rather he encourage them and try to boost their confidence than tell them they're all useless. But maybe thats why I'm not a football manager.

Agree, there is little else he can say.
The question might have been more nuanced along the lines of what difference the absent will make?
Also, how he intends to tackle the mental deficiencies?

It is as clear as can be we need at the minimum another forward with Kelman gone. Probably in defence and MF we will be ok.

Dare I say....
In MM we trust :Worthy:

Although after tonight and Sat ......

6 points and there will be delirium,
5 v.happy,
4 and still in a very good place,
3 well that's more than we expected,
2 well they were tough gamesetc, etc
1 where do we go from here? and
0 I can feel fires being prepared and not for bonfire night :Angry Mob:

Dare I say....
In MM we trust :Worthy:

Although after tonight and Sat ......

6 points and there will be delirium,
5 v.happy,
4 and still in a very good place,
3 well that's more than we expected,
2 well they were tough gamesetc, etc
1 where do we go from here? and
0 I can feel fires being prepared and not for bonfire night :Angry Mob:
I can't see us being v.happy.

No combination of two games can give you 5 points unless my math's has slipped

We are sooooooooooooooooooo weak upfront. Defence we aren't too bad (better than last year anyway), and we still have White to come back. Midfield we seem to be OK, and that area has been partially sorted with Taylor, the new Arsenal guy, ANG etc.

The issue we have is that when you offer nothing going forward, it puts your midfield and defence under pressure. Aquah has improved, but is lazy/unfit/immobile, and will probably score no more than 3 or 4 goals in 46 games at this level.

Goodship is OK, he does some really good stuff, and some really awful stuff, but on balance I think as an option he is OK, and the jury is still well and truly out on Sterling.

Without another target man, and possibly another mobile forward (or Akinola when he comes back from the dead), we wont win more than a handful of games this season, if we are lucky.

To those moaning about this... what do you expect him to say publicly? I'd hate to see you lot in a leadership position in a crisis situation.

I don't know......maybe something along the lines of " we shall have to see if we can bring one or two more into the club, but it's up to the chairman to allow me to do that. In the mean time I've got an honest group of lads who are learning to play the way I want them to in order to move the club forward. I believe in them and we will get in right, with or without reinforcements. "

Better than" I'm happy with the squad" when it's abundantly clear it won't survive league 2 in its current form.

Just makes the manager sound like a bit of a looney.

I don't know......maybe something along the lines of " we shall have to see if we can bring one or two more into the club, but it's up to the chairman to allow me to do that. In the mean time I've got an honest group of lads who are learning to play the way I want them to in order to move the club forward. I believe in them and we will get in right, with or without reinforcements. "

Better than" I'm happy with the squad" when it's abundantly clear it won't survive league 2 in its current form.

Just makes the manager sound like a bit of a looney.

So in your own quote, you believe we will stay up without bringing anyone in?

But what Molesley said below makes him a looney.

"We will always look to add value where we can and improve us but at the moment the window is shut and we’re happy with what we’ve got in the building," said Molesley.

Back