• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley: 'It's a knock back but we can still absolutely stay up'

We sure can stay up. I could also win millions in the lottery. Both similar odds.

He praises Carlisle for their quality

and then he says

We lacked quality

Obviously has no confidence in his team which is obviously transmitted to the players who think that not even the former manager of Weymouth thinks I am any good ...

Hopeless ... how can you go out and play when your own manager thinks the opposition are better than you ...

The leadership skills of an Italian general ...

AND how broken hearted does he seem ?

A bit fed up like hes got a parking ticket OR half hoping that RM will put him out of his misery after a short but embarrassing convo and he can get away on holiday with all the SUFC wages he has been banking ...

FAILURE .. effing failure .. if we stay up it is not because if him

Before todays game he said we have the players to score goals, Lol, Where? Not only can't they score, they can't even get many shots in. So many times. Hackett-Fairchild does a fair run, looks to pass, no one moving into space. All marked, waiting for something to happen, rather than making it happen. No movement for space in the penalty area. Our Centre forward has about 1 shot a game average. Not all his fault as he has no service. Just played to him with his back to goal and always in a defenders pocket. MM, teach him to move and find space. You're the manager. If the defender follows, at least it creates space for others. We have scored a shocking zero goals in the last six home games. Appalling. They can't even say it's because our crowd are on their backs. 2 shots at home today. A disgrace.

He’s not wrong, we *can* stay up. But we won’t. Probably need about 4 wins from 7 (one of which being Col U) and a couple of draws. But seeing as we like to go on a 6+ game winless run after every win that isn’t going to happen is it.

There's been a few decent sides this season tranmere being one. But Carlisle they were average. Any decent players are long gone or sold off how I can only Dream of tackles and runs of ryan Leonard

Just think of all the good players we have had and got rid of and what are their replacements like just think about it. Even with Phil brown look at some of them players we had.

With such a mish mash of a team in all areas, what exactly do all MM's cronies do so late at Boots and Laces. We never have a game plan and the players to this day do not seem to know what to do once they are on the pitch. I know they are not the best bunch but seriously he should at least get them playing to a system of some sort.

Never in all my time following the club have we had such an inept bunch. I am sure we have a few good players but our setup and game planning, let alone the basics of football is woeful.

What a desperate situation we find ourselves in and I am sorry but the manager is at fault. I am tired of the excuses we hear week after week. MM seems to be clueless in how to change things.

He should have been sacked after the scunny game really, for me that was the day I gave up any realistic hope of staying up.

With such a mish mash of a team in all areas, what exactly do all MM's cronies do so late at Boots and Laces. We never have a game plan and the players to this day do not seem to know what to do once they are on the pitch. I know they are not the best bunch but seriously he should at least get them playing to a system of some sort.

Never in all my time following the club have we had such an inept bunch. I am sure we have a few good players but our setup and game planning, let alone the basics of football is woeful.

What a desperate situation we find ourselves in and I am sorry but the manager is at fault. I am tired of the excuses we hear week after week. MM seems to be clueless in how to change things.

I agree with much of this but to be fair I think we became well set up defensively and became hard to score against. The inability to change to a more attacking style during a game when it becomes clear that the opposition are useless (e.g. Oldham and Walsall) has been lamentable.

When we needed to progress to seek wins rather than goalless draws the only plan I can see is to boot the ball up to Acquah (who to his credit has slowly improved in this role and played quite well yesterday) and hope he will lay it off to Akinola (who can't score for the life of him) or to Goodship (who plays too far behind the targetman to be of any use).

Both ANG and RHF are pacy and have good ball control but they either take on one too many defenders or muck up their passes or fail to shoot when they get the chance. And that's it.

Maybe our sole hope is to go back to seeking goalless draws and trying for a breakaway goal. At least that is a plan even if a desperate one.

Last edited:
Back