• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley will not rush into making signings

Now MM has adopted a more familiar statement

It does sound like history repeating itself doesn't it? However, under Sol RM said we would make signings and decided not to because we were so bad he saw it as a waste of money. This time I suspect his thinking is that we're doing OK and we might even stay up with what we have.

Or is RM negotiating at a snails pace yet again?

I feel we need a back up centre back and a striker. If MM can fill those 2 positions before the window closes, that should see us through to the end of the season.

Probably he expects none of the remaining out of contract players to leave and of course I think the max squad excluding 21 and under is 22? Must be near that?

To be fair he has a good squad assembled. I like his recruits. I get his point about depth but for many clubs that is a wish rather than a likelihood. If he can add better then all well and good but with a fair wind I can see our current squad pulling away from the danger zone. It's still early days but I attribute a great deal of credit to MM and his crew.

100% need a striker, got to be the right person tho, not some has-been or never-was who has had umpteen chances to make it in the pro game & sp*nked it up the wall.. ?

A good targetman would make all the difference I feel. Akinola should be feeding off a big guy not trying to win balls in the air with his back to goal. The rest of the squad is shaping up nicely if the loanees stay.

I feel we need a back up centre back and a striker. If MM can fill those 2 positions o boh slosbefore the window closes, that should see us through to the end of the season.

Halford is perfect for both slots, as back up. As for the mythical big number 9 they barely exist these days. If there is one kicking about in January it will have to be a loan as an available one wont be good enough for most fans.

Halford is perfect for both slots, as back up. As for the mythical big number 9 they barely exist these days. If there is one kicking about in January it will have to be a loan as an available one wont be good enough for most fans.

I am sure you are right on that but I do miss them.

I agree halford is decent cover in defensive positions. Yeah that's true, That andy carroll type of player does seem to be dying out of the game. Maybe MM could persuade Bournemouth to lend us sam Sturridge! But that is me dreaming tho.

Probably he expects none of the remaining out of contract players to leave and of course I think the max squad excluding 21 and under is 22? Must be near that?

I didn’t think we had a limit now we’re out of the embargo?

It does sound like history repeating itself doesn't it? However, under Sol RM said we would make signings and decided not to because we were so bad he saw it as a waste of money. This time I suspect his thinking is that we're doing OK and we might even stay up with what we have.

Or is RM negotiating at a snails pace yet again?
We might stay up? Are u seriously saying u think we could still go down? We have lost 1 game in the last 9 games we have decent players now brilliant home form and the whole club is buzzing! Cannot believe your negativity

Back