• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley will not rush into making signings

You’re the one that keeps bringing up recent form, not me. I’ve only mentioned post-embargo form as I feel as it’s the fairest way to judge the job MM has done. The side prior to the embargo being lifted clearly wasn’t good enough for L2.

In those 5 games we played Orient and Cambridge, 2 of the best sides in the division. Mansfield were also a lot better than their league position suggests.

You quoted the form guide for the last 11 games.I updated it for the last 5.All these games are post-embargo.

You'll probably be saying later tonight or tomorrow that Bradford like Mansfield are "also a lot better than their league position suggests."

Not all arrive after Sol and have to deal with the mess he created.

MM has had several months and has signed around a dozen players. If at that point you lose three home games on the trot when lying 92nd in the table its a bit tricky to defend and certainly stretching it to lay at the door of Sol. We haven't lost tonight yet though so lets see what it brings. Hopefully points on the board and an improved performance.

All managers at all football club have issues to deal with... budgets, injuries, boardrooms, chairmen, legacy of former regimes, players with problems, pandemics, the EFL - big crowds, low crowds, high expectations. low expectations ...

Some have a difficult hand some have a less difficult hand.

It is winners and losers.. Some managers win, some lose.
When you have 5 managers in a row that all lose does it not suggest that management isn’t necessarily the biggest issue?

Sorry but from what I've seen of late we are not in big trouble of going down! Did u know we can still mathematically win the league? Personally I think there is more chance of us reaching the playoffs then getting relegated!

Are you still feeling as confident as you were 17th January ?

MM has had several months and has signed around a dozen players. If at that point you lose three home games on the trot when lying 92nd in the table its a bit tricky to defend and certainly stretching it to lay at the door of Sol. We haven't lost tonight yet though so lets see what it brings. Hopefully points on the board and an improved performance.

When MM took over he had the answer to our problems with a strike force of Humphrys and Kelman. If you knew the full story about Sol then you would know why they refused to stay.

So yes Sol is responsible for causing the mess and the embargo meant MM could not replace either of them.

When MM took over he had the answer to our problems with a strike force of Humphrys and Kelman. If you knew the full story about Sol then you would know why they refused to stay.

So yes Sol is responsible for causing the mess and the embargo meant MM could not replace either of them.
There again he has brought in 13 players of which none are CFs, and of which 6 have been wingers, which does, perhaps, hint at a less than optimal approach as it turns out.

There again he has brought in 13 players of which none are CFs, and of which 6 have been wingers, which does, perhaps, hint at a less than optimal approach as it turns out.

They are all beg, borrowed or stolen. Nobody will loan us their 20 goal a season man.

Remind me what is a CF in the modern day game?

They are all beg, borrowed or stolen. Nobody will loan us their 20 goal a season man.

Remind me what is a CF in the modern day game?
We dont need someone who's currently a 20 goal as season man- we need a CF (whether that be someone who plays up front on their own or with a partner) and who by dint of their experience can finish. They maybe 5th choice striker currently with a couple of starts and a few sub appearances in L1 but given the chance they know how to finish (the dont go into a blind panic when presented with a chance 6 yards out). In the Prem you might question what a CF is but in L1 and L2 it obvious- as we discover to our cost most weeks- including last night.

However your question raises a thought- if you dont know what a CF is anymore then maybe MM doesn't which would explain our current predicament and imminent drop into the NL :-)

I don't get that Cryptic post? Sol had left, he had already gone.. they had more chance of bumping into Sol again by going...

We dont need someone who's currently a 20 goal as season man- we need a CF (whether that be someone who plays up front on their own or with a partner) and who by dint of their experience can finish. They maybe 5th choice striker currently with a couple of starts and a few sub appearances in L1 but given the chance they know how to finish (the dont go into a blind panic when presented with a chance 6 yards out). In the Prem you might question what a CF is but in L1 and L2 it obvious- as we discover to our cost most weeks- including last night.

However your question raises a thought- if you dont know what a CF is anymore then maybe MM doesn't which would explain our current predicament and imminent drop into the NL :-)

Those are the sort of people who MM has targeted but they, their club, Ron or their agent (take your pick) don't want them to come to Southend.

If you can't accept that then always blame the manger, just like the 6 mangers before him. Its the safe bet and for some football has to be an escape from the real world.

I don't get that Cryptic post? Sol had left, he had already gone.. they had more chance of bumping into Sol again by going...

Someone smashed into my parked van once when i was on holiday. They weren't around when I got back either but the damage was done so my van was no more.

Same for Humph and one or two others.

Those are the sort of people who MM has targeted but they, their club, Ron or their agent (take your pick) don't want them to come to Southend.

If you can't accept that then always blame the manger, just like the 6 mangers before him. Its the safe bet and for some football has to be an escape from the real world.
I am not necessarily blaming the manager- he needs to identify the targets then as per my various other posts on the subject its down to Ron and it will be a premium in £££ not least for the reasons you give. In the end money talks which is why all sorts of players end up making moves that in other ways don't make sense. Someone might not be overly keen but offer the agent enough he will forget that, offer the player enough at some point they do, and likewise for the club. Yes no doubt Ron has made a rod for his own back. But the NL will cost him much much more one way or another.

BTW I do struggle with idea that MM has not been able to identify a single forward that would come whilst we have found 13 non-forwards including 6 wingers. But maybe we have just been very unlucky as well.

Serious question to all you Zoners.....Are any of you that daft you actually think MM has not had a striker as his main priority since the embargo has been lifted.

Its clear from what I have been told that thats the one position where the club has desperately tried to punch above our weight.

January isn't over yet so put the pitch fork back in the barn and dim those lanterns for a week.....Besides you will be easy to spot by the covid marshals, so behave yourselves.....You'll have someone eye out.

Serious question to all you Zoners.....Are any of you that daft you actually think MM has not had a striker as his main priority since the embargo has been lifted.

Its clear from what I have been told that thats the one position where the club has desperately tried to punch above our weight.

January isn't over yet so put the pitch fork back in the barn and dim those lanterns for a week.....Besides you will be easy to spot by the covid marshals, so behave yourselves.....You'll have someone eye out.
He’s clearly been stockpiling wingers including Walsh who’s mysteriously disappeared ... JUST to **** off a few blokes on Shrimperzone. LOL at pitchforks and lanterns ..

Back