• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown eager to change side's mentality

MM said the same thing last season. I always think its a bit daft, especially when a good proportion of the team weren't even playing for Southend last season.

You see, if I was CP, I would be asking: how?
It won't help if they lose pre-season games because it's only going to ramp up the pressure.
Maybe, in the world of clickbait, that's Part II.

He’d be top of the Premiership for talking absolute shi t!
In all fairness, he said it's not so much about fitness but mentality.
I maintain asking how he's going to do this would have been interesting.
We seem to have been sold short on the story.

Can he change some of the fans mentality? Especially my own. My expectation for the coming season is mid table at best. I’m massively worried about how tough the task actually is of getting out of this league which I have as harder than staying in the Football League.

The talk from PB is all very good and correct.
However the worry in the dressing room is likely centred around looking around the team/squad and thinking of GOALS, who can score them? Keeping clean sheets might get many draws but I wonder if many of the players, (like many of us?) are worried rotten that we will struggle to get a goal a game at best with what we have.

Back