• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown: This doesn't condemn us to relegation and we will keep fighting

What is he supposed to say people come on.
Might as well say nothing. He knows we’re down and so do all of the fans. Even if by some miracle we win all 3 games and Colchester lose all 3 how are we going to score enough goals to overturn a 14 goal difference.

Might as well say nothing. He knows we’re down and so do all of the fans. Even if by some miracle we win all 3 games and Colchester lose all 3 how are we going to score enough goals to overturn a 14 goal difference.
You don’t need to tell me how down we are. I know as well as you do. All I’m saying is if he says “yep we are down”, he’ll get stick anyway.

If only we could score a goal as barrow have really hard remaining fixtures other then us lol

I thought I'd better show Phil the League Table at the bottom. Grimsby and Barrow even have a game in hand Phil. We can only get 47 points Phil. Look at our goal difference Phil. Barrow need a point from 4 games even if the miracle happens that we win our last 3. We are down Phil.
21Colchester United431017164360-1747
22Barrow421210204955-646
23Southend United43814212455-3138
24Grimsby Town42813213262-3037
Last updated: April 20, 2021 10:26pm

Blimey he must have hit the red when he made that statement. ?

Think you find it's all about him ,he was more concerned about himself rather result

I thought I'd better show Phil the League Table at the bottom. Grimsby and Barrow even have a game in hand Phil. We can only get 47 points Phil. Look at our goal difference Phil. Barrow need a point from 4 games even if the miracle happens that we win our last 3. We are down Phil.
21Colchester United431017164360-1747
22Barrow421210204955-646
23Southend United43814212455-3138
24Grimsby Town42813213262-3037
Last updated: April 20, 2021 10:26pm
I think Phil must have been working on the assumption that Barrow won't gain a single point from their 4 remaining games, whereas we will win all 3 of ours by by around 9 or 10-0. The flaws in this line of thinking are:

1. When was the last time we won 3 consecutive games?

2. We need to score more in our last 3 games than we have in the previous 43.

3. What about Grimsby?

Okay then, you are correct. We are f''''' aren't we.

Back