• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown unhappy with on loan Norwich and QPR youngsters

But if brown had come in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up! Did he or did he not Improve results??
We only won 2 of our 6 fixtures with PB in charge, and unfortunately he presided over our 2-0 loss at Col Ewe; arguably our worst performance ever of the season.

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle. It's a question we'll never know the answer to, a bit like would we have started the season better without an embargo until November...
If we'd been relegated in that game against Sunderland would we have kept Bond or would another manager had come in? Completely agree, not use looking at what could have been or might have happened.

Only thing we can look at is the here and now and try and plan for the future.

We have 2 weeks until the next game. Hopefully something good happens, either the team gel a bit more, we add more players or we have a change in management (2 managers gone so far from the National league and they say things always come in 3s)

Sounds like he wants out. Totally ridiculous thing to say in public. He's lost the plot like most of the RH hierarchy.

Brown looks to have lost the plot. I thought the bloke was a little backwards when he encouraged fighting in training sessions.. turns out, that was the least of our worries! Respect is a two way street, PB is simply, "not my cup of tea".

Absolutely no chance now! If brown goes Fagan will have to go too!! Ron doesent keep any back staff who have worked under current manager's! Also fagan was interviewed for the role and Ron didn't fancy him for the managers role then so I would imagine there is even less chance of him getting the job now! And especially with the way current results have been.I think he could do the job but I think the fact phil Brown made him his number 2 will give him a disadvantage recharging rons choice.
You say Backroom Staff never replace outgoing Managers under Ron. I'll give you two examples. David Webb was replaced by his No2 Rob Newman in 2001 and Steve Wignall was replaced by Steve Tilson ( who was in charge of the youths) in 2003. In fact Tilly became Manager a couple of years (maybe a little less)after Rob Newman after he was Newman's Joint No2 with David Crown.

You say Backroom Staff never replace outgoing Managers under Ron. I'll give you two examples. David Webb was replaced by his No2 Rob Newman in 2001 and Steve Wignall was replaced by Steve Tilson ( who was in charge of the youths) in 2003. In fact Tilly became Manager a couple of years (maybe a little less)after Rob Newman after he was Newman's Joint No2 with David Crown.
Fagan has also been with the club longer than the last 4 managers so would represent some sort of stability rather than more unknowns

Fagan has also been with the club longer than the last 4 managers so would represent some sort of stability rather than more unknowns
I think Craig Fagan would be sensible choice on a temporary basis initially. He has clearly real managerial potential and knows the set-up at the club. I also think that while he clearly respects and likes PB, he has his own views about managing the first team. Being number 2 is always a tricky position when a number 1 is underperforming. Fagan at present cannot push his views on running the team too much to PB without running the risk of being seen as disloyal.

Shrimpet Steve Stated that under Ron's Chairmanship No Manager was ever replaced by a current backroom team member at that time. I pointed out three examples where he's been mistaken. As Far as Craig Fagan is concerned I've not said he won't follow Phil Brown into a managerial capacity eventually. Should Craig succeed Phil in time it'll be another example where Shrimpet Steve was mistaken. Because he put forward into this forum that no Manager was ever succeeded by an existing backroom member.

Molesley and backroom staff all went! Chris Powell and staff all went! Kevin bond and staff all went ! Phil Brown and staff all went! Maybe Ron has a promoted number 2s to first team managers but not in a very long time and the current trend would suggest otherwise to what you are saying.

Is Kargbo still with us or has he gone back to QPR? I thought I'd seen something to that effect but can't find it now...

If Phil Brown is not happy with the loanee's then just send em back end of.....
Maybe PB is making a point that no one on here has considered. Just because loans are free doesn't make them a the best option for the squad. Maybe he would like to pick the next loanee.

Back