• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown unhappy with on loan Norwich and QPR youngsters

Almost like it's Northampton away again in Brown's penultimate match before sacking. That day he blamed Dru and Kyps and subsequently dropped them for the following Fleetwood match. We lose and he loses his job. Powell comes in and Dru gets man of the match against Scunthorpe. All seems so familiar.

1. He brought the youngsters in.

2. The 'men' have hardly set the world on fire have they?!

Words and reactions from a very desperate man. Just sounds like he wants to bring even more old players in. Ridiculous.
Got to get rid of this washed up idiot ASAP.
Not a fan of the QPR man but he signed him when many others knew he was limited.
Get Brown out Monday morning Ron….he wasn’t great when you gave him the tin last time, he’s completely lost it now!

FFS time PB started taking some responsibility. He brought the players here, they can’t be over impressed with his management skills.

Ah, it’s Dennis and Kargbo that are the problem is it? Not Ferguson or Phillips today?
Funny thing to say, but his comments off the pitch actually cheese me off more than the teams performance on it. I’ve watched football for 40 years, and I’ve never seen a team at any level be successful when the manager is laying into his players week in week out.

What effect does it have when a club's deciding where to send their players on loan? Will they be thinking send them to Southend cos a bit of character building public slagging will really help their development?

I was 1 of those who welcomed Brown back as I thought it was the best SUFC can get. Maybe I having second thoughts now..... Brown does seemed to lost the plot in these last few weeks. Does seem to me the players can't handle the pressure and criticism Brown putting on them. Can't keep blaming others Brown!

Currie has actually been at a couple of our recent games.
I wonder why Ron didnt go with him.

Maybe he just wasnt his "cup of tea"

I have nothing at all to back this up, but i did think at the time he was the right man for the job.

I wonder why Ron didnt go with him.

Maybe he just wasnt his "cup of tea"

I have nothing at all to back this up, but i did think at the time he was the right man for the job.
Perhaps he didn’t like the look in his eyes.

I still think we should have given Fagan the job after SC left, I still think he's the right man for the job.

He knows the squad, he knows the youngsters, he has contacts throughout the game and is young enough to actually understand modern footballers, PB retired from playing in 1996 the game has changed so much in that time

If they are a loan player, end then loan, keep quiet. This destroyed any confidence they may of had and messed their loyalty massively. The guy really is a k nob.. Ron really is a k nob.. we deserve better

Everyone tells us on here that because of our reputation it is hard for Southend to sign players. Apparently that was just players and not LOAN players.
How will this rant help us sign loan players in the future?

Is it right to do it publicly? No.

He is right though. I've seen nothing in either player to suggest they are ready for this level of football.

It's clearly a ploy to put pressure on RM to invest further.

Is it right to do it publicly? No.

He is right though. I've seen nothing in either player to suggest they are ready for this level of football.

It's clearly a ploy to put pressure on RM to invest further.
Whilst you are correct, Brown looked at them for the entirety of preseason. He, and he alone is to blame for signing them. They weren't last minute deals. He knew what he was getting, young, raw players that need a lot of work. You can't then blame them for being exactly what they are when he knew all alone what they were.

Back