• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown would be willing to speak to Simon Cox

Would you want Cox back

• Total voters
If we can agree the correct terms, then I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

A happy, settled Simon Cox would be far superior than anything we've had since he left. He can actually help coach the young forwards alongside playing.

A happy, settled Simon Cox would be far superior than anything we've had since he left. He can actually help coach the young forwards alongside playing.

He never said a word to Emile Acquah on his debut. Wouldn't pass to Theo and Humphrys couldn't stand him.

Cox had a valid point about Nile Ranger but to then take it out on other young players fake an injury and refuse to play for Bond......Thats about as unprofessional as it gets.

Certainly a no from me. Cox wanted out and he took the p*** to make it happen. His actions are actually no better than Ranger. In fact they were in some ways worse because they were far more calculated from an intelligent man.

Last edited:

Really? He’s 34, and he’s been playing pub team football in the southern hemisphere. If anything has disaster written all over it, it’s this. Worryingly, I suspect Phil Brown would not agree with me.

I Voted No, If this is PB' approach to the NL, then I think we might as well have given Stan the managers job instead.

Stan seems to have the right Idea for the long term, his contacts, all the data , fitness details on every player released. Selection process.

If, and it's only paper talk, he is even considering Simon Cox, then this only goes to show his little black book of former players that have played for him (Timlin etc) is his only player selection process. In which case I fear for us.

Oh dear I feel partly responsible, I recently said on another thread we needed a cox-type player on the pitch last season to edge some of the finely balanced games. I didn’t actually mean cox himself though!

We need some steel in the side that will upset the opposition, not our own dressing room. It’s a no from me.

Back