• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Sol Campbell wants remaining matches to be played

The interesting facet to all of this discussion about using the courts is that this is another example of a very few individuals (barristers and judges) being given the "rights" to decide how our game ends the season. Why should that be? How is that the way forward? Are they fans? Do they even know the offside rule?

We are moving to a situation where so many aspects of our lives are being governed by judges and courts instead of people talking and coming to comprimises. I do wonder where this will end and instead of "justice" whether this is in reality a further erosion of democracy and freedom in this country.
I'm not sure democracy and freedom is being eroded if everyone has a say.
But what happens then is one bunch want the season to continue: probably, clubs likely to win something; ie promotion; and sides with most to lose: (us) - saying the opposite.
Stalemate.
So who makes the final decision?
The FA and the EFL, of course. And yeah, whether one likes it or not they need to make sure their legal footing is firm and not a quicksand of law suits!

another season in league one with half decent crowds and much better away stadiums :Clap:

Even if things are coming back to some semblance of normality in, say, September I can still see massive restrictions on crowd sizes being in force well into next year, and I doubt that travelling to away games will be encouraged either, if not totally banned.

Back