• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

Southend United chairman Ron Martin has fired himself to continue the bizarre events surrounding the Essex club.

A club spokesman said: “People generally lose their position as a result of not doing their job."

"The necessary decision surrounding Mr Martin was a disappointment and of course not taken lightly. People have been dismissed at this football club over the past 20 years and that even extends to managers.”

Mr Martin has failed to even begin work on a new stadium project which he promised would be finished almost a decade ago which is highly embarrassing considering he states himself to be a ‘property developer’. To add to constant failings Ron has been unable to pay wages, bills and debts on time on numerous occasions.

Another League 1 chairman who does not wish to be named commented: “Ron turned up the other week with his largely empty briefcase which contained a few computer generated images, repeating the same old about stadium work starting in spring. I told him that no one believes it anymore.”

The hugely bizarre and unprofessional statement does not seem to recognise that the club has been around for over 100 years, not 20!

Boring boring...he is ploughing money into this club...would you? Out of pure passion no investment opportunity here

only people with no business nouse would poke fun at Ron

Boring boring...he is ploughing money into this club...would you? Out of pure passion no investment opportunity here

only people with no business nouse would poke fun at Ron

Are you his accountant or solicitor or a business partner ?

Just bored of the constant Ron bashing...boring boring boring. If he ****s off who else is going to run the club..be careful what you wish for...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I'm sorry Westy but your rather poor attempt at satire was infact just that...rather poor

You, and you are not alone, need to do the maths.

I would suggest to you and all the other RM bashers that possibly, just possibly the cost of the wages and utilities are greater than the ticket sales and merchandise.

I will try to break this down, to easy to understand short sentences, that hopefully don't have words with more than one syllable.

Simple equation: Money into the club e.g ticket sales, merchandise v Money leaving the club e.g. wages, utilities.

Simple question: If ticket sales and merchandise are less then wages and utilities we make a loss. Therefore who makes up the shortfall.

I await your, and any other frankly delusional 'fans :blush:', informed and rational response, who thinks RM is making a profit from keeping our club afloat.

ahahahahahahaaha....:zzzzz:

Assume you didn't pass your English SATS Key Stage 2 at school?

So boring. Are you upset Brown is doing well? Need to find a new target?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I'm sorry Westy but your rather poor attempt at satire was infact just that...rather poor

I would suggest to you and all the other RM bashers that possibly, just possibly the cost of the wages and utilities are greater than the ticket sales and merchandise.

I will try to break this down, to easy to understand short sentences, that hopefully don't have words with more than one syllable.

Simple equation: Money into the club e.g ticket sales, merchandise v Money leaving the club e.g. wages, utilities.

Simple question: If ticket sales and merchandise are less then wages and utilities we make a loss. Therefore who makes up the shortfall.

I await your, and any other frankly delusional 'fans :blush:', informed and rational response, who thinks RM is making a profit from keeping our club afloat.

Of course you miss the point, completely. You are being far too interested in an attempt at being "clever". It has nothing to do with Ron bashing, it is an attempt at humour.

So allow me to break this down into easy to understand words for you.

It's not Ron bashing, its just taking the ****.

If you want to see bashing see what Mrs B says about most of our forward line week in week out without actually attending more than three games a season.

If you want to see bashing go read any of the Brown Out threads

If you want to see bashing read this website after any defeat.

The joke is the constant failure to deliver a new ground, despite the never ending promises that it will be "next spring".

This can be summarised into one word, and this word applies to you. Its "whoooosh". And if you don't understand that, look up and you'll see something fly over your head.

I think it's also a reaction to the head groundsman debacle .......humour wrapped around irony :omg:...... perish the thought on SZ :winking:

Some people obviously didn't see the clubs statement in the echo or get the correlation. Once they do they might feel rather silly.

On my way to work on train , so sign in for my morning SZ fix.
What do I find ?
Too many tetchy people for my liking , that's what I find.
I think the postponed game has affected several Zoners.

Of course you miss the point, completely. You are being far too interested in an attempt at being "clever". It has nothing to do with Ron bashing, it is an attempt at humour.

So allow me to break this down into easy to understand words for you.

It's not Ron bashing, its just taking the ****.

If you want to see bashing see what Mrs B says about most of our forward line week in week out without actually attending more than three games a season.

If you want to see bashing go read any of the Brown Out threads

If you want to see bashing read this website after any defeat.

The joke is the constant failure to deliver a new ground, despite the never ending promises that it will be "next spring".

This can be summarised into one word, and this word applies to you. Its "whoooosh". And if you don't understand that, look up and you'll see something fly over your head.

Exactly this. What the hell is going on with some of the responses to this thread? Our Glorious Leader's trolling apparatchiks are out in force!

This is pretty obviously a tongue-in-cheek thread. It is also pretty obvious that (as often happens) many a true word is said in jest!

Well I thought it was funny and I'm not a Ron basher. It is an almost direct parody of the statement re the groundsman. Actually, I was with a mate on Saturday night who is a landscaper and he says that there is no way that game should have been called off if the right precautions had been taken. Something must have gone seriously wrong and we don't know any of the facts. Ron is not an idiot and doesn't fire staff willy-nilly.

And actually, I think it's about time Ron's decision to invest in the youth set up is properly acknowledged. It has taken a long time but wow, what an academy we have and look at how it's now bearing fruit.

But come on people, it was a bit of a joke. Some rather OTT reactions on here.

All the highlighed words above contain more than one syllable.

Your basic premise is wrong too.The Chairman is it in for the money that the eventual construction of FF would realise.

Back