• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United chairman Ron Martin hopes to name new manager this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more than happy with Molesely personally. Sounds like a winner, with 2 successive promotions under his belt. He'll have a good knowledge of the non league scene and hopefully we can nab a few bargains.

It's a bit against the grain for Ron, Tilly aside he usually goes for 'names', I'm kind of guessing it's another Redknapp recommendation, but this one sounds far better than Bond.

Hi all, Weymouth fan here, registered to read posts, obviously dont want MM to leave us as he is wonderful, hoping he stays and gets a promotion within Bournemouth as well now Tindall has now been appointed, also ex Weymouth. Ps, can we have Goodship back please!

Would you mind giving us all a little insight into what we might expect from a Mark Molesley team if he is appointed?
What is your typical style of play/ formation etc?

Would you mind giving us all a little insight into what we might expect from a Mark Molesley team if he is appointed?
What is your typical style of play/ formation etc?
He is meticulous, and will mix it up a bit regarding formation, he isn't keen on hoof ball and will play it from the back of possible. The average age from the promotion final team was I think 24, so youth over experience but that could just be the Bournemouth connections. I don't think it's the right time for him and you guys don't have a great track record in recent managers.

He is meticulous, and will mix it up a bit regarding formation, he isn't keen on hoof ball and will play it from the back of possible. The average age from the promotion final team was I think 24, so youth over experience but that could just be the Bournemouth connections. I don't think it's the right time for him and you guys don't have a great track record in recent managers.

if he was appointed and did that with us, I’d be more than happy!

I would be more than happy if Mark Molesley is appointed. Everyone has to get that first job and with his background i really do think he could prove a very wise and inspired choice.

All he will need is the supporters to be patient and remember the Club needs rebuilding, there is no easy fix. The last couple of appointments have been a total disaster. Hopefully, Craig Fagan will continue his fine work alongside Ricky Duncan and the future will be quite bright.

Will support whoever it is but will be frustrating if it's Fagan as we could have appointed him a month ago
Really don't get all this wasted a month business.
If we had 60 applicants as reported then surely it makes sense to see what they have to offer. If RM then decides that Fagan is the best option then ok. But to totally ignore all the others would be a dereliction of duty and if Fagan then failed to succeed then this forum would explode accusing RM of rushing into a decision.

With Andrea Pirlo set to apppointed as Juventus manager after being appointed U23 manager only 9 days ago, how many more hoops has Fagan got to jump through for Ron?

Reactions: GBJ
Molesley would be a departure from our recent managerial appointments. No problem with that. He’s done well at Weymouth and currently has that winning mentality. Can he instil this in the current team? Will he be able to bring in his transfer choices? He sounds an interesting choice and could be a “breath of fresh air” that we need to sweep through this club at the moment.

Of course it is all academic if it isn’t him. If it is I think it is actuallly an intriguing appointment. The last time we brought in a manager from non-league was Fry wasn’t it?

Would you be happy with Molesely as manager, and Fagan as assistant?

I doubt Molesley would accept that arrangement. He already has a well-established number 2 who has some impressive credentials.

It looks like Fagan is going to be overlooked, which, I believe, will turn out to be a big mistake.

Just picking my moment to whip off the slightly sweaty shirt, screw it into a ball and launch it at the boss. Don't want to do it too early just in case Ronny comes in with a late headline. Tough decision coming up.
The deed was done, it didn't end well (for me), seems I'm a child. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.:Sorry:

The deed was done, it didn't end well (for me), seems I'm a child. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.:Sorry:

I would probably not get too excited by tomorrow. Think we have been mislead by the headline! After re reading the article Ron says "This should allow me to button down terms over the weekend.” Nothing about revealing the manager.

Think this is going to be a Monday morning appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back