• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United chairman Ron Martin keeps faith in manager Mark Molesley

[/QUOTE]
Without wanting the facts to intrude and spoil everything it's entirely normal for agents of ex players to make contact with the chairmen of prior clubs if they have an interest in going back. All these players were known to be interested in returning. Ron didn't contact them- their agent contacts Ron to say my player is keen to discuss a possible return? Ron then says OK but its up to the manager (perfect example is Ranger, Sol said no and blanked him, MM said come in and train on your own, get fit, and we will see- you have much to prove). In all the cases you mentioned MM made the decision to sign them. For the most part they only signed after convincing MM of their worth whilst training with the club- in Rangers' case for months.

It might suit the narrative to describe them as Ron's signings- but thats not really the case. Any more than its the that he picks the team, sets tactics, formations, makes the substitutions, does the team talks etc. He can be blamed for very much but the idea he is running the team is for the birds.
[/QUOTE]

so these signings are MMs responsibility then ... ??

so it is down to him ..

so he is cr=p manager as i suggested

ALWAYS remember this FACT -

91st in the EFL

No team should leave their manager in the position where they have to do their business in January which is always a difficult month. He needs a proper pre-season. No restrictions

That's right, because he didn't sign anyone until January did he!

That's right, because he didn't sign anyone until January did he!

He has signed who he could under the circumstances. He has been hung out to dry, now I am not saying he is a good manager or a bd one but I don't feel it fair to judge him on this season

He has signed who he could under the circumstances. He has been hung out to dry, now I am not saying he is a good manager or a bd one but I don't feel it fair to judge him on this season

It's completely fair to judge him this season. He's the one going out with defensive tactics week in week out, making poor decisions throughout the season with formations, playing players out of position, treatment of our young players etc.

I get is not completely his fault, but I'm sorry, he takes the majority of the blame for the position we are in.

Do you think small clubs (who only average about 2000 fans) let their managers off because he's not able to attract quality signings, when they are near the bottom?

If MM had this season with any other club in the league; regardless of circumstances, he would have been sacked months ago.

I really hope he makes a decent job of it next season; but personally, based on his faults throughout this season, I just can't see it personally.

Its not that MM is a brilliant manager, but if you sack him you wait a month for a new appointment to come in, and to a worse situation even than the one Molesley inherited, facing relegation out of the FL. When that guy inevitably fails, of course everyone wants him gone too. This is how we went PB to CP to Bond to Sol. Each guy takes over a worse situation than the one previously. And the club wastes more and more money.

So, at some point you gave to say, we're not doing that anymore, because actually the guy we have now is okay. He works hard, has integrity, doesn't hide or make excuses and is slowly turning around years of decline. My view, I don't expect anyone to agree, is that MM has been, pound for pound, our best manager since Brown. We don't get beat every week, we keep plenty of clean sheets, we are organised and hard working. Yeah, okay, booooorrrring. But these transformations give us a platform.

Last edited:
Without wanting the facts to intrude and spoil everything it's entirely normal for agents of ex players to make contact with the chairmen of prior clubs if they have an interest in going back. All these players were known to be interested in returning. Ron didn't contact them- their agent contacts Ron to say my player is keen to discuss a possible return? Ron then says OK but its up to the manager (perfect example is Ranger, Sol said no and blanked him, MM said come in and train on your own, get fit, and we will see- you have much to prove). In all the cases you mentioned MM made the decision to sign them. For the most part they only signed after convincing MM of their worth whilst training with the club- in Rangers' case for months.

It might suit the narrative to describe them as Ron's signings- but thats not really the case. Any more than its the that he picks the team, sets tactics, formations, makes the substitutions, does the team talks etc. He can be blamed for very much but the idea he is running the team is for the birds.
[/QUOTE]

so these signings are MMs responsibility then ... ??

so it is down to him ..

so he is cr=p manager as i suggested

ALWAYS remember this FACT -

91st in the EFL
[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Even though they're MM's signings I'm sure he would have signed better if he had the opportunity.

It's completely fair to judge him this season. He's the one going out with defensive tactics week in week out, making poor decisions throughout the season with formations, playing players out of position, treatment of our young players etc.

I get is not completely his fault, but I'm sorry, he takes the majority of the blame for the position we are in.

Do you think small clubs (who only average about 2000 fans) let their managers off because he's not able to attract quality signings, when they are near the bottom?

If MM had this season with any other club in the league; regardless of circumstances, he would have been sacked months ago.

I really hope he makes a decent job of it next season; but personally, based on his faults throughout this season, I just can't see it personally.

Sorry but no way should he hold the majority of the blame, even the biggest MM haters know that lies higher up the chain of command!!

Back