• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United coach Ricky Duncan: Eren Kinali has more desire than anyone else I've worked with

His assist for Egbris goal against Bristol Rovers (last game before lockdown) was top class. He really busted a gut to chase the ball down and drag it across to Terrell. He actually could of been extremely selfish in that scenario and chose not to.

A poster on here made the comparison between Kinali and Will Atkinson a while back, obviously not the same level but more a case of similar styles, work rate of the ball etc. Now Ricky Duncan comes out with this.

Looking forward to watching more of Eren next season.

Last edited:
I was very impressed with Kinali in that final match and made the comparison to Atkinson. Of course it’s tough whether he’ll make it to judging on only one game, but if he can continue to show that work rate he’s got every chance.

The smile on his face at Peterborough away when he was warming up and the fans were singing his song was priceless. I really hope he does stay and get a chance.

The smile on his face at Peterborough away when he was warming up and the fans were singing his song was priceless. I really hope he does stay and get a chance.

What was the song Ricey? I wasn't aware of this.

Just found a Turkish article online about him here, from 2016. I don't suppose anyone knows how to translate it do they?

Google translation

Eren Kınalı, the child of the Kahramanmaraş family, was invited to the youth team of Southend United, one of the England League One teams.

Eren Kınalı, who received his first training in football at the White Hart Rapids founded by Ender Kalkan from the age of eight and developed in the Interwood team he went to three years later, is now included in the scholarship squad of Southend United.

Born in 2000, the footballer drew attention when Interwood scored three goals against Southend United in a special match he played. The young footballer will continue his education while staying with a family determined by the club in Southend.

So we have a Turkish Delight in our squad ,So happy for him ,Turkey itself have some excellent players ,god willing he will be one also for SUFC .

Back