• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United: Court order granted to allow club to pay players and accountants

No because we won't have a team lol as they can all walk! Do u pay your money to go and sit in the office at 3pm Saturday to watch the office staff! Its a football club u support so the team and management staff are the most important! The others can wait for now! They will all get paid eventually

Attachments

• download.jpeg-8.jpg
    download.jpeg-8.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 17
No because we won't have a team lol as they can all walk! Do u pay your money to go and sit in the office at 3pm Saturday to watch the office staff! Its a football club u support so the team and management staff are the most important! The others can wait for now! They will all get paid eventually
I feel like you and ron would get on well. Both have the same wonderful outlook on things.

Guessing that you don’t have
A mortgage/ rent to pay
Family to support
A car to fuel and service
Bills to pay

Oh the irony

If the club is manifestly insolvent, as described by the judge, aren't the directors breaking the law by continuing to trade?
No. Not if they reasonably believe the club is able to meet its future liabilities e.g. through injection of funds from related companies or sale. Reasonably being they key word.

The team had to be paid .So any take over had a team to run .The accoints had to filed .If they had not been filed up to date the the heads of the leauge would have kicked the club out .The accounts was filed because the accountents were payed up .

Guessing that you don’t have
A mortgage/ rent to pay
Family to support
A car to fuel and service
Bills to pay

Oh the irony
But it's not about personal problems and my bills is it? It's my football club and i pay to watch 11 players play football and be entertained! I tell u what,let's just concentrate on the admin side and forgot about any football being played! U can pay your money to watch Tom and the sales team and whilst ur at it why don't u go and make the burgers because without the players what is the point as no one will want one or even be at the ground!

But it's not about personal problems and my bills is it? It's my football club and i pay to watch 11 players play football and be entertained! I tell u what,let's just concentrate on the admin side and forgot about any football being played! U can pay your money to watch Tom and the sales team and whilst ur at it why don't u go and make the burgers because without the players what is the point as no one will want one or even be at the ground!

Attachments

• download-1.png
    download-1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 18
If it wasn't for the ticket staff you wouldn't be able to buy a ticket to watch the team.

If it wasn't for the ground staff there'd be no pitch to watch the team play on.

The whole club is a team, and should all be pulling in the same direction. Everybody is important. Even the cleaning staff are a small part of that.

In this instance the team needed paying because, as Kacper Lopata proved by winning his case, the team could walk away and there'd be nothing left. So it was right to pay them.

But that doesn't mean the rest of the staff don't need to be paid, especially as it would probably be a very small percent on top of what was paid to the team and accountants.

These people also have mortgages/rent and bills. Imagine if you're one of those people, seeing everyone else getting paid whilst you, and maybe even your partner and kids, get closer to being thrown out of your home? Please don't belittle their plight.

If it wasn't for the ticket staff you wouldn't be able to buy a ticket to watch the team.

If it wasn't for the ground staff there'd be no pitch to watch the team play on.

The whole club is a team, and should all be pulling in the same direction. Everybody is important. Even the cleaning staff are a small part of that.

In this instance the team needed paying because, as Kacper Lopata proved by winning his case, the team could walk away and there'd be nothing left. So it was right to pay them.

But that doesn't mean the rest of the staff don't need to be paid, especially as it would probably be a very small percent on top of what was paid to the team and accountants.

These people also have mortgages/rent and bills. Imagine if you're one of those people, seeing everyone else getting paid whilst you, and maybe even your partner and kids, get closer to being thrown out of your home? Please don't belittle their plight.
Very well said londonblue.

Yes i quite agree all back room staff should be paid up to date .But i also know no team on the pitch means no football means no income .And so on and so foreth

One more important thing you forgot to mention londonblue Is if the catering staff are not getting their money there would be no burger’s in the east stand burger 🍔 bar !!!!

One more important thing you forgot to mention londonblue Is if the catering staff are not getting their money there would be no burger’s in the east stand burger 🍔 bar !!!!
If the suppliers don't get their money there will be no more burgers, or beer etc in the gaff. Full stop.

I hope new owners can change suppliers, get beer from local Leigh Brewery, pies, sausages, burgers from butchers in North Road etc.

I want them to be paid,of course I do but I'm a football supporter who watches the players play a game called football.

I want them to be paid,of course I do but I'm a football supporter who watches the players play a game called football.
What you donot grasp is IF the staff didn’t turn up, the game could not go ahead
No stewards, no ticket office, no St John’s, no car park , no programme sellers, no bar staff, I hope you understand how important everyone contributes to the club and receives a payment for their days work
UTS

I understand that your main focus is the football performance at the club, but please have a little empathy for the other hardworking staff at the club who have not been paid.

I hope one day that you don't run into financial trouble.

The team had to be paid .So any take over had a team to run .The accoints had to filed .If they had not been filed up to date the the heads of the leauge would have kicked the club out .The accounts was filed because the accountents were payed up .
We could of just paid our tax bills etc to avoid this whole thing happening though. What a world we'd live in if that happened.

Back