• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender Harry Lennon forced out with knee problem

Oh well never mind - will probably never see Lennon for us again! Not sure I'm particularly bothered about that either (Always thought he was in the Chris Powell signing mould of Mantom and Dieng - probably OK in a decent team but found wanting in a struggling team!)

The compartment syndrome is very worrying as far as I am aware its practically incurable
Depends what's brought it on. There are some surgical procedures for compartment syndrome that's brought about by exercise, which isn't unheard of in professional sport, and the surgery has a good chance of being successful. If it's come about through trauma or another injury then that might be different, but Moseley seems to suggest he should recover pretty well from the procedure and he's been playing through it which suggests it's more chronic. It is a concern it sounds like he's had a diagnosis but still played through it. It's a condition you'd like to see treated as quickly as possible.

needs tension released from his calf on one leg and I think it's his other leg that now needs tissue removed from the knee.
think he's played through the calf problem for a while knowing at some point it needed surgery and at times did not really want to do that. Understandable really. At least now hopefully the issues can get resolved

Same old, same old; player comes in, does well, gets injured.

Lennon has been one of the better performers recently (not hard !), but as with Green, Kyle Taylor, and Ralph before him we have a player playing well it’s inevitable that he’ll get injured. That’s how we roll.

Really sorry for the lad and wish him a speedy recovery but again an example of signing a player who had a history of injuries before joining us.

Did we do proper due diligence, would a CEO have made a difference - who knows?

The only thing I do know is that for some reason we appear to have a disproportionate number of injured players and have done so for quite a number of seasons.

I assume that we will 'unregister' him.

If his contract expires at the end of the season then I doubt we will see him play for us again.

Really sorry for the lad and wish him a speedy recovery but again an example of signing a player who had a history of injuries before joining us.

Did we do proper due diligence, would a CEO have made a difference - who knows?

The only thing I do know is that for some reason we appear to have a disproportionate number of injured players and have done so for quite a number of seasons.

I assume that we will 'unregister' him.

If his contract expires at the end of the season then I doubt we will see him play for us again.

To be fair, Harry's broken bones in his legs twice. He'd had no history of that before he came so that is just bad luck. Pretty sure most of the other stuff has been related to those breaks.

Back