• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender Harry Lennon forced out with knee problem

This is from Charlton‘s website in Jun 2017.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59...d-of-the-tunnel-for-hard-working-harry-lennon

His career has been plagued with serious injuries starting with this 5 years ago.

Ok broken bones are not self inflicted but maybe that serious groin injury means that the rest of his body is out of kilter and over compensates and throws him out of balance leading to these injuries.

Seems like he was highly regarded as a 19/20 year old but a bit like Ben Reeves and a few others his body actually isn’t up to the rigours of the pro game.

I doubt we well offer him another contract - it’s too risky for someone who has played more than 20 games in a season only once in his career.

To be fair, Harry's broken bones in his legs twice. He'd had no history of that before he came so that is just bad luck. Pretty sure most of the other stuff has been related to those breaks.
I agree that it is terrible luck and hope that it's not the end of the road for him personally, but as a business I really think that for us to risk signing a player who already has a poor injury record, though perhaps unrelated, is a high risk strategy that has cost us thousands in wasted wages not just for Lennon but also the likes of. Kiernan, Ridgewell.

I truly hope that if the embargo is ever lifted that we start to consider that more when looking at potential recruits.

Back