• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender John White is close to signing new contract

Hopefully he’s pushing for 18 months here. He seems to settle for a lot less than he’s worth in my opinion. He’s probably never started off as any managers first choice but he gets his head down, works hard and he gets in and makes it an impossible job to drop him. He’s also been captain under every manager since he’s been at the club. Deserves more than a deal to the end of this season!!

I understand there were probably fears over firstly his arm injury and a potential second football shut down in offering him 6 months at the start of this season. John White never lets you down. One of the most consistently steady performers we’ve had in the modern era

No brainer for me. Hope its a done deal. As far as pushing for 18 months i imagine thats down to him isnt it? He runs a car business now doesnt he?

Back