• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Lomas plays 65 minutes in win over Ipswich

Oh. I was thinking "played 65 mins - that's just what was needed. Bring him off, don't force it, give him (Lomas) a chance to recouperate in the next couple of days & check all is okay & if so, then straight into the team" ........ but that's just me, perhaps.

He was on the bench last week so clearly thought he could play some part. The trouble is as a defender it is rare that they are used tactically and usually just for injuries.
I don't believe there was any intention of using him in the Boreham game. It was probably more a case of squad acclimatisation. I would also be amazed if he started against Solihull. Bench possibly and a brief cameo if needed.

We need someone to emerge as a decent CB in the next week otherwise the zone will be in meltdown by Tuesday night.

We need someone to emerge as a decent CB in the next week otherwise the zone will be in meltdown by Tuesday night.
We’re on the exact same schedule as 2004/05. It took 5 games for our centre-back partnership to emerge, six games to pick up a win and our top scorer didn’t join until October.

The likes of Maher and Bentley need to ask around those playing at the time to find out how they did it. Who’d have thought that team who lost 4-0 at Darlington in October would be celebrating promotion in May?

We’re on the exact same schedule as 2004/05. It took 5 games for our centre-back partnership to emerge, six games to pick up a win and our top scorer didn’t join until October.

The likes of Maher and Bentley need to ask around those playing at the time to find out how they did it. Who’d have thought that team who lost 4-0 at Darlington in October would be celebrating promotion in May?
I was at that game - wasn't there a reason for the poor performance? Food poisoning or some sort of virus in the team I think.

We went into that match just one win from the play off positions so hardly the biggest turnaround ever.

Back