• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Lomas plays 65 minutes in win over Ipswich

Hobson and Kensdale did well defensively first game, Keeping big Steve very quiet. They also did well at the end of last season. As usual, the goal came because of our left side.

Yes Hobson did better than most expected. Clifford has become the new scapegoat but the fact that Ralph is still covering as a CB means Kev has not sorted our weakest area.

Kensdale shows a lack of awareness when it comes to marking on crosses. On Saturday he made no attempt to block the goal when he should have been more alert in the first place. His mistake was far more costly than anything Clifford did. But credit to Wood they pressed us hard to win the ball in our half and Brunt showed why he will do well if he is surrounded by strong players.

Their big number 5 made a great defensive header on our very first attack from a cross from our left. Of course we scuffed the corner as we did the first corner from the right and the 3 rd one was ballooned into the air as a gift to the big defenders.

We couldn’t create any pressure and ended the first 45 without testing their keeper.
If you can’t deliver a cross and can’t defend one you are 10th in the NL at best….. We have known this all summer.

Yes Hobson did better than most expected. Clifford has become the new scapegoat but the fact that Ralph is still covering as a CB means Kev has not sorted our weakest area.

Kensdale shows a lack of awareness when it comes to marking on crosses. On Saturday he made no attempt to block the goal when he should have been more alert in the first place. His mistake was far more costly than anything Clifford did. But credit to Wood they pressed us hard to win the ball in our half and Brunt showed why he will do well if he is surrounded by strong players.

Their big number 5 made a great defensive header on our very first attack from a cross from our left. Of course we scuffed the corner as we did the first corner from the right and the 3 rd one was ballooned into the air as a gift to the big defenders.

We couldn’t create any pressure and ended the first 45 without testing their keeper.
If you can’t deliver a cross and can’t defend one you are 10th in the NL at best….. We have known this all summer.

You say can’t deliver a cross, but someone certainly was according to the stats, peoples new favourite scapegoat….

232AFB3F-23AF-4EC1-B12F-0213E32DF3EC.jpeg

You say can’t deliver a cross, but someone certainly was according to the stats, peoples new favourite scapegoat….

View attachment 21486
It's also worth mentioning that although Shaun Hobson is the subject of some dislike, if anyone cares to check on @Chapperz match stats from last season, or the amount of positive feedback in the post match threads from the majority of posters, it's pretty obvious that he has more support on here than he has detractors. The difference is that the detractors make more noise about it. Nothing wrong with that, but balance is important.

Clifford is someone I like actually. He’s lost his way a bit, not sure why, he seems slow in his decision making which frustrates me ..but like Riggers said regards the BW goal, the real fault maybe lay in the ball to our left being allowed to start with. Defensively as a unit we need to improve.

I’m hopeful TC can get back to his best and that he can rediscover his ability to deliver set pieces because damn, we need it!

That had **** all to do with Lomas, sorry.

View attachment 21486

My postman delivers all his letters but my ones often end up next door.

We had more shots and corners than many of the teams that won last week, including Boreham Wood.

We lack quality on our final ball not quantity…. Stats can’t measure that.

We had more shots and corners than many of the teams that won last week, including Boreham Wood.

Maybe. But there was a lack of good movement up top too. Brunt was able to thread a couple of passes, but they were on. I don’t remember similar from our forwards at any stage.

Oh I agree, but that is on successful crosses, and a successful cross is one that finds a team mate.

Thing with stats is they can be dressed up anyway. For example, if Clifford over hit a cross, and Taylor at RWB collects it by the far touch line, that’s still classed as a successful cross. It counts just the same as an excellent ball in that finds a blue shirt head and ends up in the back of the net.

I agree.

I could cross a ball in that would give the striker no chance of scoring, but if the striker gets on the end of it, it's called a "successful cross".

But in reality, the only successful cross I remember we had in that game, came from Hobson.

Stats mean nothing.

It's like saying, 'The keeper that makes the most saves this season, is the best keeper in the league" But in reality, the keeper that makes the most saves is normally playing for a team down the bottom.

Back