• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender Nathan Ralph dislocated shoulder in draw at Burton Albion

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United left-back Nathan Ralph suffered a dislocated shoulder during Blues' draw at Burton Albion.

More...

I think Ralph has been excellent last few games and other than the obvious lack of replacements I think we’ll miss what he offers.

Personally I’d look at playing Ethan Hamilton there or back to wing backs and Macca.

This is a big blow in my opinion. The critcism Ralph has received on here has been completely unwarranted. His performances have by no means been perfect but he works hard and gets himself about, I’d say he’s been one of the better players this season. He’s a good player that’s suffered from a lack of confidence in a team that has no confidence, and a lack of support defensively from wingers (or lack of).

It’s also a blow because we will now have to use one of our January signing slots on a left back leaving us unable to strengthen in other areas. On that note Sam Hart hasn’t featured for Blackburn, I’m not sure if that’s down to injury or being out of favour but he would be a great loan replacement if we could get him back.

He can hopefully make a quick recovery and come back into a more confident team.. I think he’s definitely worth persevering with and I’m not a critic, he’s come off a relegation season into another struggling side and he’s played ok in spells. All the best Nathan.

Well we have no LB cover- Hamilton not a LB. We can go back to 3 at the back in which case Macca is an obvious choice. Or Macca at LB (did it I think at Notts Forrest).
Please not Elvis (been there its a no no no- his left foot is for standing on, same with Demi).
Taylor at least is left footed but tbh I think Macca would do better.

Well we have no LB cover- Hamilton not a LB. We can go back to 3 at the back in which case Macca is an obvious choice. Or Macca at LB (did it I think at Notts Forrest).
Please not Elvis (been there its a no no no- his left foot is for standing on, same with Demi).
Andre Blackman?

It’s also a blow because we will now have to use one of our January signing slots on a left back leaving us unable to strengthen in other areas. On that note Sam Hart hasn’t featured for Blackburn, I’m not sure if that’s down to injury or being out of favour but he would be a great loan replacement if we could get him back.

Would a left back not have been on the shopping list anyway? Seeing as Ralph is our only one.

Would a left back not have been on the shopping list anyway? Seeing as Ralph is our only one.
I doubt it. We need to strengthen in a number of areas and will only be able to make a handful of signings. We need every one of our signings to make an impact, so I’d have been very suprised if we’d have wasted one of those signings on someone to sit on the bench.

I guess it'll depend if Sol wants a proper left-back or a left wing-back.

If the former, then a natural left sided central defender could do the trick and cover the bases.

Demi can play LB - I'd definitely be on the blower to Blackburn for Hart though, thought he was immense last season.

This is a big blow in my opinion. The critcism Ralph has received on here has been completely unwarranted. His performances have by no means been perfect but he works hard and gets himself about, I’d say he’s been one of the better players this season. He’s a good player that’s suffered from a lack of confidence in a team that has no confidence, and a lack of support defensively from wingers (or lack of).

Hart has been injured

I believe John White has played there in the past. When is he expected back?

Last edited:
Back