• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender Nathan Ralph dislocated shoulder in draw at Burton Albion

What about Timlin. He played left-back and was very popular there on the 'zone! :Winking:

Anthony Grant played left back for much of the game away at Huddersfield, did unexpectedly well iirc, and we won.

What’s the latest on Kyprianou? I thought he was a natural LB as well as CB?

Personally I’d put Demitriou there. Not all LBs are left footed I’m sure.

I'm not sure there are 'Ralph haters' here, and 'unwarranted criticism'? Not sure about that either, but it's a big blow.
Left-backs are a rare breed as the England set-up discovered after Cole's retirement.
But Richard Taylor? Why does that fill me with alarm?

A couple of mistakes on a nervous debut I think can be allowed for, especially the first one.

I saw enough of him to think he had a little bit about him. He was on the books of a Premier League club, so he obviously isn't too shabby.

Reminded me a little of a raw Jerome Binnom-Williams.

A couple of mistakes on a nervous debut I think can be allowed for, especially the first one.

I saw enough of him to think he had a little bit about him. He was on the books of a Premier League club, so he obviously isn't too shabby.

Reminded me a little of a raw Jerome Binnom-Williams.
Nice one! A 'raw Binnom-Williams' that's not exactly comforting, lol!

I've watched Taylor twice now, the first was against the Wombles in the rubbish cup and he was pretty reasonable in that one. The second time included his glorious back pass in the first few minutes. In both those games I was impressed with his athleticism and speed, especially going forward, and for his size his ball control was pretty good. I'd give him a chance in the LB berth.

Nice one! A 'raw Binnom-Williams' that's not exactly comforting, lol!

I did think that after I posted it, but I was thinking on the more positive side of his game.

I actually thought he looked a decent player for us, but his career seems to have gone backwards for some reason.

I’d play him at LB....I mean he pretty much played there v Oxford....that’s why there were 30 yards gaps between him and Dieng....stick another CB in that gap as a back four and we’re good to go

I recall Kyps debut for us in the league. Away at Bolton.

I'm sure there were doubts with him, too and he popped up with a goal after 3 minutes and improved from there.

I think Taylor has something, as @Rootshallbloke says and game time and confidence will prove one way or the other.

Back