• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United facing fight to keep striker Henry Sandat

Ron will inevitably get stick but I don't think this has anything to do with him on this occasion. If he is getting linked to championship clubs, he would move on irrespective of our owner. No club can stand in the way of a move like that. People will say we can't negotiate a contract at present, but if he has clubs 3 leagues higher after him, he'd never sign it anyway.

Good luck to him if he moves on.

How much would we get realistically for him being so young we would get a fee?

Yet another young prospect we'll never see grow at SUFC.

I think our last one was Dru Yearwood back in 2019, since then we've put all our best youth up for a fire sale to cover for our never ending financial disaster.

Even worse this time is the fact we can't even put up a fight, not like we can offer him a contract is it? (albeit I'm aware how futile this might be)

Yet another young prospect we'll never see grow at SUFC.

I think our last one was Dru Yearwood back in 2019, since then we've put all our best youth up for a fire sale to cover for our never ending financial disaster.

Even worse this time is the fact we can't even put up a fight, not like we can offer him a contract is it? (albeit I'm aware how futile this might be)
But there is a fight. There's very little chance of Henry making the first team in the Championship, but every chance in the NL.

The problem is we can't offer him anything.

Would be nice to be able to put up a fight to keep this lad or at least the club who buys him loan him back to us for a certain amount of time.

Unfortunately, due to our shambolic owner we have no choice and or any type of bargaining tool when it comes to things like this.

To be fair, he'd probably go even if we could offer him a new deal.

I'd question any player not seriously considering going to an established championship club and saying in the conference

Of course and good luck to the lad if/when he does leave. We aren’t in a position to stand in his way or offer him anywhere close to what others will and that’s on Ron.

Why is anyone suprised? We are national league and our better players are gonna get picked up. Even last summer the plan was to buy and nurture players who can make us money which would in the ideal world help make us sustainable. They aren’t going after Sandat just because of our situation as much as anyone wants to try and convince themselves that is why. Ask yourself how many strikers his age have first team minutes and goals to his name. There aren’t many.

Back