• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United facing fight to keep striker Henry Sandat

Ron will inevitably get stick but I don't think this has anything to do with him on this occasion. If he is getting linked to championship clubs, he would move on irrespective of our owner. No club can stand in the way of a move like that. People will say we can't negotiate a contract at present, but if he has clubs 3 leagues higher after him, he'd never sign it anyway.

Good luck to him if he moves on.

Yes he does get the blame.

We would have offered him a contract to sign way before all of his first team performances. We couldn't and still can't.

Why? We all know why?

Ron has his DNA on everything bad at this club.

At least he’ll get paid. He’s nowhere near championship level - they are just taking a punt that he might develop - same as Charlie Kelman. Is a kids development better served by being coached well at a club like Millwall, or playing week in, week out in the non-leagues?

Good luck to him if he goes and to any other player who also gets the chance to leave.

Strange the interest isn’t there for Powell as the Management Team obviously rated him higher than Harry lol !
I was told by someone in the know today that it also looks like Bridge is off to Gillingham
That was the rumour in Jan, before Notts County were also interested?.

Who cares where he goes, he’s off he’s off

We are VNL now get used to it ,we are also under an embargo and under serious threat of not surviving unless RM actually does sell the club .We cannot realistically offer any player a contract with a promise we will be around next season at present, so inevitably we are going to lose a lot of players. Good luck to them for sticking with us during what has been the worst time in SUFC history, i wish each and everyone only the best, young Sandat good luck to the young man choose the club you believe will be best for your education and future son ,but never forget SUFC.. If per chance we do survive i quietly confident with new owners all the players who leave can more than adequately be replaced.

Back