• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United FC by Far the greatest team the World has ever seen

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
30 years i have supported the greatest team in the world, and its never dull, we have more lows than we do highs but that's what supporting the Shrimpers is all about. Otherwise we would be gooners, mancs or Yids (excluding LdNFasto, who is one).

Yep relegation is ****, but we have done it before, its not the end of the world because it makes all these memories a little more enjoyable and makes us dream of doing it all again.

Hopefully this will cheer you up a little bit

Southend United FC, By far the greatest team the WORLD has ever seen

Southend til i Die

I'm strangely looking forward to next season in League Two. Sure, the quality of football is largely poor and there is an abundance of miserable, dull northern towns, but it'll be nice to be considered as a big fish in a small pond.

Also, if we can keep a select few players here and build on them with some of the more exciting products from the youth team (O'Keefe, Crawford etc) then we should be a considerable threat.

30 years i have supported the greatest team in the world, and its never dull, we have more lows than we do highs but that's what supporting the Shrimpers is all about. Otherwise we would be gooners, mancs or Yids (excluding LdNFasto, who is one).

Yep relegation is ****, but we have done it before, its not the end of the world because it makes all these memories a little more enjoyable and makes us dream of doing it all again.

Southend til i Die

It's been an amazing 6 years of success that we have had, and unfortunately, relegation is just another drop in the rollercoaster ride that we have all been on. Thanks for the video, it put a smile on my face. Lets hit back, and go straight back up! UTB!

I'm strangely looking forward to next season in League Two. Sure, the quality of football is largely poor and there is an abundance of miserable, dull northern towns, but it'll be nice to be considered as a big fish in a small pond.

Also, if we can keep a select few players here and build on them with some of the more exciting products from the youth team (O'Keefe, Crawford etc) then we should be a considerable threat.

Same, it'll be nice to have new surroundings, albeit in unwanted circumstances but i'm looking forward to it.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but just how will this team take the **** next season in L2? We couldn't take the pi$$ in the Conference

My spin for any abuse I might get at work about relegation is:

We've had such a wonderful five years we're going to do it all over again. Three National finals, back to back promotions, stuffing Man U etc can't wait.

DoDtS

Southend til i Die

Well i guess being optimistic we have 2 more promotions to look forward to en route to the championship. Whereas if we were an established championship team then it would only be a matter of time before we dropped back to league one.

What I wouldn't give for another 5 seasons like we have had, perhaps excluding this one. We maybe on a slippery slide into L2 now but my god we have got some brilliant memories from the last few years.

My spin for any abuse I might get at work about relegation is:

We've had such a wonderful five years we're going to do it all over again. Three National finals, back to back promotions, stuffing Man U etc can't wait.

DoDtS

Mine is similar...

It's been a laugh for 5 / 6 years, taking the p*** out of most teams including Man U and Chelsea, It's been brilliant.

Next year is going to be even better, being the biggest club in the league, it's going to be excellent, beating most teams next year, with the biggest crowds.

It is going to be great for the club, the stadium will be ready for our first season back in the championship.

You just wait.

It has been quite quiet on the abuse though, and they seem to be more sympathetic, but also one of my bosses is a Chelsea fan, so he is quite shushed at the moment.

A Chelsea 'fan' I know, hasn't b****y shut up about it!

Before the weekend he was bragging about how much of a great side they are, they could beat the world, what's the point of Southend even having a club!?

Now it is only a point off he's keeping slightly quiet and now he is believing everything I say about how great it's going to be next season.

Oh and that it is their last season of being able to compete in the Premiership!

With Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool next season.

Before the weekend he was bragging about how much of a great side they are, they could beat the world, what's the point of Southend even having a club!?

Now it is only a point off he's keeping slightly quiet and now he is believing everything I say about how great it's going to be next season.

Oh and that it is their last season of being able to compete in the Premiership!

With Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool next season.

I have argued back with him that I would prefer a rollercoaster of a season supporting Southend United, rather than expect us to win every single match, by supporting a top flight team such as Chelsea, Man Utd, etc. Expecting to win every match, every week, would bore me to death. He has shut up for now, but I fear it will not be staying that way tbh.

Look at the 5-6 years we have had, 2 LDV Vans Trophy finals, success in the League 2 Play-Off Finals, Winning the League 1 Title, which completed back to back promotion, beating Man United and knocking them out the Carling Cup, taking Tottenham to extra time in the following round of the cup and almost to penalties, holding a near full-strength Chelsea to 1-0, and then equalizing in the 90th minute (what a moment that was!), making the play-offs of League 1 (albiet losing out to Donny), coming amazingly close in the season after that.
We have had the highs, and the lows in these seasons, and it has been brilliant, and now we are back in the league where it all started, and where it's all going to begin again! UTB!

Back