• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Hall Of Fame Evening

Dear All,
Something we at the Shrimpers Trust/SUEPA have been working very hard on for sometime now is an evening for the fans to celebrate with key players from our past all that is good about the club that we all follow through thick and thin.
Well, we are delighted to announce that all is now set for Friday 22 November for the club's inaugural Hall of Fame evening. Full details can be found on the club website at: https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2019/october/book-your-place-now-on-southend-uniteds-inaugural-hall-of-fame-evening/
Tickets go on sale at midday on Monday and there are just 130 available so do book early to avoid missing out on what should be a great event.
The live music will be provided by Shrimper Adam Duffill and there will be a couple of club-themed songs in his set.
We currently have 11 ex players all due to attend the event who will be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. Yes there could have been others too but this is the inaugural event and if all goes well there will be other similar events in the future to add to the Hall of Fame.
If you have any questions about the event do post them on here or message me/contact SUEPA via Facebook, Twitter or email.

A big bump up the thread line for this as tickets are now on Sale!

The Trust/SUEPA have been working hard with the club on this and it's gonna be great.

Loads of SUFC Legends, live SUFC themed music, special videos, a meal, drinks, and lots of other stuff. Get your tickets asap - it'll be a great way to start the weekend with a home game the following day

Tickets are priced at £54 and can be purchased by calling:

01702 304147

We sincerely hope that this unique event is something you'll all really enjoy

Cheers, Andy

Scott Forbes has to be the first inductee.

Bump

Had some exciting news yesterday re a new ex-player big-name addition coming to the Hall of Fame. Can't reveal who yet until mid next week but it all just adds to what will be a great eve

Got your tickets yet?

In case you haven't heard yet, Stanley Victor Collymore has accepted an invite to attend. Got a lovely email from him again mentioning that some of his best times were as a Shrimper.

We now have 11 ex-players lied up to be there: Mervyn Cawston in goal, Frank and Brushy as full backs, Clarkie moved back to the centre of defence, Tilly, Ronnie P and King Kev in the middle, and Big Roy, Crowny, Stan and King Billy up front. Quite an attacking line up.

And yes, it's a bit doom and gloom at the mo, I watched it last night and it was dire with for me little promise to come until the transfer window whe it will be too late, so why not come along to the HOF Eve when you'll be assured of seeing 11 Shrimpers who when they wore the blue shirt gave their all for the cause (I do need to caveat that they have all said they are coming subject of course to any unforseen circumstances)

And the eve is not just about the Hall of Fame. They'll be live music with a Shrimpers theme, a special fan award, two special videos (currently being prepared), aswell as the meal and drinks plus a few other bits n pieces

We've got a compere lined up too who is a Shrimper fan whose day job is a DJ and comedian.

The live music is from a Srimper fan, Adam Duffill, who will be singing a cover of Moyet's 'Blue' aswell as his own composition on following the club plus a couple of other covers.

This is an event arranged by the club in conjunction with the Shrimpers Trust, as fans we've had a huge input in to this, and its arranged FOR the fans.

We've kept ticket prices to a minimum (any profit will be negligible). The £54 includes VAT, so for the approx cost of gettig to and attending an away gae we are putting on quite a show and it won't end in a defeat

The ticket line is 01702 304147

And if you want to stay overnight at the Park Inn I've arranged a discount with them, just message me for details.

Any questions just let me know.

Get the feel-good factor back. Hope to see you there

Cheers, Andy

Great, hope you enjoy the eve.

It should finish by 11.00 pm, but Big Roy will just be warming up by then so expect a few of us to be in the hotel bar beyond then for an hour or two should anyone want to join us!

Been in touch this eve with a number of the 11 due to be at the Hall of Fame event - they are all totally looking forward to it. Ronnie P says he's 'ready for action', Tilly is looking forward to a reunion with Brush, and Big Roy is looking forward to the bar.

Make sure you are there!

Oooh, if all goes to plan there is a real treat coming your way as a little taster of the forthcoming HOF Eve on 22 Nov. Keep an eye out on the club website. If you are not going yet you'll be wanting to after this. Not got yours yet? The club HOF ticket line is 01702 304147

Just seen the taster video on the club website - goosebumps, watering eyes, the lot...

I'll come when you induct Ricky Otto

If this event is the success we hope it will be then they'll be another and Ricky will be on the list for sure - a great guy in his SUEPA visit a year or so back as well as a top player.

So, to get Ricky there next time you need to come this time to help make the event a success so we can hold another - ok? :Smile:

Back