• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Hall Of Fame Evening

Come on...back to the top of the thread for you ...:Smile2:

Are sales going well, "SS in D".....:Thumbs up: ?
Thanks Harry! Sales are ok but we'd love to sell out and make this a real night to remember so availability still there.
The video is just a taster and it's good to see the 'goose bumps' etc comments as they'll be many more of those moments on the night. The live music set should be special, and lots of other stuff too.
In many ways I'm hoping that it can be something that helps to re-launch faith in our season, a tall ask but there's no harm in a bit of nostalgia wallowing, it's good for the soul.
And to respond to the question on the last page, yes the ticket price is £54. It's always tricky setting these things but in the end we worked with the club to set this at a level which if we sell out covers costs and only gives a minimal profit. Our overriding aim has been to make this an event to remember for the right reasons, but we do need to sell out.
The commitment of the ex players in coming has been brilliant. Adam would've been there but for Millwall commitments, but Kevin has got The Gas to agree to him coming before he then rushes off to Rovers away game the following day. Roy is flying in from Spain. Stan as you know has been on the Zone to reconfirm his coming along, others are travelling in too, and last but not least Frank is flying back from his holiday to be there before returning to Malta the following day!
I think that what makes this event a little different too, aside from the variety of things happening, is that it's been all about the club working with the fans to put something on we would all like to see.
Let's reward these guys with a great reception and fill the place out. 01702 304147 is the number to call!

48 years ago this coming Weds, we beat Aston Villa in front of over 15,000 at Roots Hall in the FA Cup 1st Rd.
I've found my match day programme from that day, & will be bringing it with me on Friday to ask my namesake ( who scored the winning goal ) to sign it for me.

If this event is the success we hope it will be then they'll be another and Ricky will be on the list for sure - a great guy in his SUEPA visit a year or so back as well as a top player.

So, to get Ricky there next time you need to come this time to help make the event a success so we can hold another - ok? :Smile:
Haha sorry I can't come, have a prior engagement with clients coming over from the US. I would have come when Stan was added if I could. I'll be 1st in line when you get Ricky though

Just been told this has been postponed until next year due to player unavailability which is a real shame, especially as no doubt a huge amount of time went into organising this

Just been told this has been postponed until next year due to player unavailability which is a real shame, especially as no doubt a huge amount of time went into organising this

There's a huge amount of organisation and planning gone into this event, not least by @Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset.

The postponement - and that's what it is - has been necessitated due to a couple of players withdrawing for health reasons, and general lack of numbers, not helped in the least by the performance on the pitch.

This event is something we remain committed to both at the Shrimpers Trust and at the Club, and we are just waiting for a new date to be confirmed to be able to put full information to everyone.

Back