• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Well, folks... as predicted by quite a few, Southend's favourite son of Glasgow - Billy Best - won the vote for the SUFC Hall of Fame for 1966-76.

Billy is Best

Now the vote is being held for 1976-86 between:

*Dave Smith
*Ronnie Pountney
*Mervyn Cawston

Southend legends all three, but which one will make it into the Hall of Fame?  My guess would be "The Gaffer"... but we'll see.  Anyhow, voting etc. is done via the Offficial site, here:

Official Site - home page

Matt

Got to be DS.

Although Cawston's daughter is a cracker.

laugh.gif

Mervyn Cawston is a financial advisor type these days.

Lived next door to my wife yonks ago (clique!).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 19 2006,12:35)]R they all still alive and living in this country?
Ron Poutney lives in Eastwood and went into painting & decorating when he retired.

Mervyn Cawston still lives in the Great Wakering area I believe?

Tough choice, but RP gets my vote.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ June 19 2006,13:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 19 2006,12:35)]R they all still alive and living in this country?
Ron Poutney lives in Eastwood and went into painting & decorating when he retired.
and has a 6 month waiting list!

Sorry about opening another thread on this subject, Matt. I have got so used to having to trawl through all the bleeding threads from manic obsessives about how many fooking season tickets the club have sold that I must have missed it!!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ June 19 2006,13:11)]
[b said:
Ron Poutney lives in Eastwood
There was no other choice was there
laugh.gif
Lives just around the corner to me.

What a tough choice. I thought I'd make it easy and go for best hairstyle but that made the job no easier.

Ron just shades it for me over DS but a close call.

Back