• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United have now had more than 60 applicants to be manager and Ron Martin says next boss will be free to make signings

We might be able to make signings but isn't the issue that we can't register them?

only if we can't register them before the start of the season, if we pay them debt before then which appears to be the plan then the EFL can lift the embargo.

I really hope this time that Ron isn't just spinning us along, hopefully he's shown the HMRC evidence to convince them that the funds will be available before September

Who cares how many applicants we’ve had? We only need one manager. surely we approach people we might be interested in, rather than waiting for them to email in their CV?

Wanted. Manager to run a team of around 8 professional footballers. You will not be able to sign anyone that is attached and will have to enjoy working with the youth team.

You will be working alongside a chairman who acts as ceo, and club financier.

There is a high likelyhood of you and the players not being paid.

You must be young and hungry and be passionate about the club.

Queue 60 applicants. You would have to think that the quality of applicants will be the lowest for some time.

Wanted. Manager to run a team of around 8 professional footballers. You will not be able to sign anyone that is attached and will have to enjoy working with the youth team.

You will be working alongside a chairman who acts as ceo, and club financier.

There is a high likelyhood of you and the players not being paid.

You must be young and hungry and be passionate about the club.

Queue 60 applicants. You would have to think that the quality of applicants will be the lowest for some time.
Don't forget to mention the poison from the stands who will turn on you in a millisecond!

Sorry Ron nobody believes a word you say anymore......For just once read a list of your hollow promises to managers and players......Come back when you can tell the truth and our club is not a laughing stock

With this adjournment does this mean that Ron has shown the taxman that he will pay up in sept and everything will be hunky dory................or am i being over optomistic?

Boasting about 60 applicants is pointless. A large proportion of advertised jobs get hundreds of applicants. More false promises which keep the gullible Southend faithful at bay.
Whats the false promise here?

Sorry Ron nobody believes a word you say anymore......For just once read a list of your hollow promises to managers and players......Come back when you can tell the truth and our club is not a laughing stock

No statement from Ron fans are saying there’s too much silence we need to be kept updated.

Ron comes out and speaks, fans say sorry Ron I don’t believe you.

I know people have their opinions of Ron and we’re in a very precarious position however sometimes he really can’t win

You don't speak for me.

He's kept us going since the 90s. He will get us through this. His record is pretty good in situations like this.

No statement from Ron fans are saying there’s too much silence we need to be kept updated.

Ron comes out and speaks, fans say sorry Ron I don’t believe you.

I know people have their opinions of Ron and we’re in a very precarious position however sometimes he really can’t win
Sometimes you should say nothing.
Wasn't Sol promised 6 players or something that never happened.
When your in a hole and all that.

Back