• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in no rush to name new manager

Why would we want to get someone in and give them a fighting chance of building a squad, and have time to spend with them?
......................and this way we don't have to pay anyone just yet. Although I reckon the other side of 22nd July there will be some movement.

Well it took 3 months last time when there was a rush. Maybe in time for the kick off in August 2021 eh Ron?
Whilst that is frustrating I do see the reasoning behind it God forbid Covid-19 returns in the Autumn and the start to the new season is delayed We are then faced with paying a manager's salary when there is no indication as to when training will begin Is there even a date yet fixed for the transfer window? In normal times I would be 100% behind your criticisms............but sadly these are far from normal times. Of course the downside is that we could miss appointing our first choice manager but there again is anyone in the Football League going to appoint a new manager when the future is so uncertain.....................................OK, anyone apart from Bolton!
:Smile:

If AB is in the frame I doubt that Millwall will decide until their season is finished.As believe he is only their assistant until seasons end.

If AB is in the frame I doubt that Millwall will decide until their season is finished.As believe he is only their assistant until seasons end.
Interesting if they don't make the playoffs Millwall last game is on 22nd July the same day as our next day in court. Coincidence but an interesting one perhaps.

i'm thinking that either no one has formally applied, and why should they with all the uncertanties. Theres no one Ron fancies or can pull the wool over their eyes. He's pulled off a masterstroke and someone good will be appointed.........................................or, we've gone bust and there isnt a club anymore.

i'm thinking that either no one has formally applied, and why should they with all the uncertanties. Theres no one Ron fancies or can pull the wool over their eyes. He's pulled off a masterstroke and someone good will be appointed.........................................or, we've gone bust and there isnt a club anymore.

Everything is about money at the moment, (and we have none). As always, loads will apply for the job. Some probably have been in touch already. We have no CEO to save money, no other reason. Ron will probably appoint a manager when he gets the expected cash injection, and goes through the list of applicants.

Everything is about money at the moment, (and we have none). As always, loads will apply for the job. Some probably have been in touch already. We have no CEO to save money, no other reason. Ron will probably appoint a manager when he gets the expected cash injection, and goes through the list of applicants.
I'm sure he's said in the past he wouldn't get a CEO if we were relegated either?

It makes sense to wait until after 22/7 - cash flow must be awful and the two leading external candidates are both in jobs and so compensation may be due.
From their point of view, they would I assume want a cast iron assurance that the embargo will be lifted, let’s not forget they will both know Ron.....

As a lawyer I used to work with used to frequently say “if a man’s word is as good as his bond, then take his bond!”

I would suspect both AB and KM will want something legally binding from Ron, not just his word!

It makes sense to wait until after 22/7 - cash flow must be awful and the two leading external candidates are both in jobs and so compensation may be due.
From their point of view, they would I assume want a cast iron assurance that the embargo will be lifted, let’s not forget they will both know Ron.....

As a lawyer I used to work with used to frequently say “if a man’s word is as good as his bond, then take his bond!”

I would suspect both AB and KM will want something legally binding from Ron, not just his word!
Oh god please not him again

So let me get this straight...

We're in no rush to appoint one.

But when we were in a bit of a rush last September, Ron went on holiday, courted several people, courted a bit more, thought about it, lost 1/2 of his second choice plus his first choice and ended up with probably the third in line 7 weeks later.

So a new manager will be in place by the weekend then...

Do we still have a chief scout on the payroll?

So let me get this straight...

We're in no rush to appoint one.

But when we were in a bit of a rush last September, Ron went on holiday, courted several people, courted a bit more, thought about it, lost 1/2 of his second choice plus his first choice and ended up with probably the third in line 7 weeks later.

So a new manager will be in place by the weekend then...
I think the hesitancy is around having someone on the payroll not knowing when the season is going to be starting as much as anything. Last year was less than ideal but it's not a like for like comparison

Back