• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in no rush to name new manager

Mark Beard? Crikey.

Beard, who was Southend's Player of the Year in 1999, said: "The manager Alan Little said we would talk about a contract. I didn't hear anything then one day I got a letter in the post saying he wasn't taking me on. He didn't even tell me face to face."

Revenge was sweet for Beard. "Beating Southend was brilliant," he said. "Afterwards I went mad, and I was kicking their dressing-room door. It was so much happiness and anger all in one."

Marks Beards budget at BHA to buy U18 players will have eclipsed ours for our 1st team over the last 2/3 years.

Revenge was sweet for Beard. "Beating Southend was brilliant," he said. "Afterwards I went mad, and I was kicking their dressing-room door. It was so much happiness and anger all in one."

Well, I don't think we should condone this kind of behaviour by appointing him as manager.

Jesus Christ, just done a google. Paul Tisdale is a very stylish guy. Dresses like a lower league Pep. In fact, probably deserves more credit because he must be spending all his salary on clothes. Good looking too. The ladies would be flocking back to RH, even amidst a pandemic.

Jesus Christ, just done a google. Paul Tisdale is a very stylish guy. Dresses like a lower league Pep. In fact, probably deserves more credit because he must be spending all his salary on clothes. Good looking too. The ladies would be flocking back to RH, even amidst a pandemic.
Gabicci?

Forget Mark Beard, anyone got Leo Roget's number? the players will either perform or their stereo will get broken

to be fair his record as a manager in L2 is very decent, if he was interested Ron should talk to him

to be fair his record as a manager in L2 is very decent, if he was interested Ron should talk to him
Agree he has a very solid record consistently reaching playoffs. Bit of a nearly man- but in a good way I think. Doubt he was every playing with big budgets at Exeter and tenure their very good- not a job hopper. Even if the plan was one of our "own" certainly you would interview him as he tick a number of boxes. Been always West country based until MK Dons?

I can't see him being appointed somehow.
Agree he has a very solid record consistently reaching playoffs. Bit of a nearly man- but in a good way I think. Doubt he was every playing with big budgets at Exeter and tenure their very good- not a job hopper. Even if the plan was one of our "own" certainly you would interview him as he tick a number of boxes. Been always West country based until MK Dons?

Not forgetting his reputation in nurturing young talent which won't be lost on Ron. He could actually be a good option if Ron decides not to appoint a man with current/previous Southend connections.

Not forgetting his reputation in nurturing young talent which won't be lost on Ron. He could actually be a good option if Ron decides not to appoint a man with current/previous Southend connections.
Quite agree- if you are going to have an "outsider" option he ticks a number of boxes and his career says he might stay longer term (not come for a year until something better arrives- a job hopper is last thing we need..)

Mate of mine is an Exeter City SH. Apparently PT best mate is a fashion designer (or something like that) and he gets all his clobber that way. Loves a hat!

Mate of mine is an Exeter City SH. Apparently PT best mate is a fashion designer (or something like that) and he gets all his clobber that way. Loves a hat!

Let’s hope he doesn’t favour a straw hat.

Re Paul Tisdale and the nationality of our managers on another thread... He is Maltese, apparently...

Back