• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

Yes. But that’s the point. He’s not ready. Loan him to get him some experience and bring someone in who is ready
But that is the point. We need to play a target man tactically and Emile is the only one available. I expect someone experienced to come in and Emile drop to the bench. One thing I've enjoyed about MM is how well Hobson and Egbri have developed in a very short time. Whether Emile can do it is with the Gods and I think whether he wants it. As fans we need to stop either writing off kids as useless or bigging up others to be world beaters. The reality is somewhere in between.

Admittedly not a great league, but he’s got good feet and can pick a pass. Like to think he could do a job.

Admittedly not a great league, but he’s got good feet and can pick a pass. Like to think he could do a job.

Is he without a club?
Admittedly it’s a brief video but he looks alright on the ball with a bit of pace, seems to hold the ball up & brings others into play. Only 28 as well.
Definitely worth a look, beggars can’t be choosers.

Is he without a club?
Admittedly it’s a brief video but he looks alright on the ball with a bit of pace, seems to hold the ball up & brings others into play. Only 28 as well.
Definitely worth a look, beggars can’t be choosers.

Yeah he left Tirana. Scored at a rate of just under 1 in 3 in the Albanian Superliga and interestingly was their top assister for two seasons running. Seems like he’s a bit of a character, was a fans favourite and a natural leader. Certainly wouldn’t say no to seeing what he can do.

I think he is 'ready'for this team. I've never seen a player who can instantly up the tempo and inject energy into a team upon his introduction as a substitute for example
My quote was about about Acquah, not Egbri. I agree that Egbri is ready. not sure I see energy injected by Acquah, but physical presence.

I also agree with another poster that MM is doing the right thing at the moment by keeping Acquah around the team being the only big lad up top that we have, but the point I was trying to make is that it’s a stop gap and he needs games a level or two down.

My quote was about about Acquah, not Egbri. I agree that Egbri is ready. not sure I see energy injected by Acquah, but physical presence.

I also agree with another poster that MM is doing the right thing at the moment by keeping Acquah around the team being the only big lad up top that we have, but the point I was trying to make is that it’s a stop gap and he needs games a level or two down.
Sorry I misread the post!

Back