• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

We let Hopper and Humphreys go ......and now we need a league 1 goalscorer!! as we don't score goals
Deid we let them go willingly or had one or both insisted on clauses if we were relegated. Sure I read that Hopper had that put in his contract When he signed. If due to a clause it’s hardly, for me at least, letting them go as we would of had no choice.

My not have signed if you don’t have the clauses so again you have no choice but to agree if you want someone or you say no and possibly upset the manager if they really want them and move on to another target.

Again, you're taking one statistic and making it the be-all-and-end-all. What if during that time the team averaged, say, 2-3 goals a game and won, say, 75% of their matches? What if without him in the team those numbers dropped off dramatically? Would you still say he's not worth it?

Ian Benjamin didn't score that many goals, but he laid on nearly all of Brett Angell's. Together they were fantastic.
I think you are missing his point. For a Benjamin type signing to work we need an Angell type first. Where is our Angell type ?

I think you are missing his point. For a Benjamin type signing to work we need an Angell type first. Where is our Angell type ?

I'm not missing the point. I'm waiting for an answer to a question. However, to answer your question, he's waiting to be registered.

We need a target man. Target men don't tend to score bundles of goals. Fortune didn't and was a very useful player for us. Very clever and a team player. Lee Bradbury played the same way. Underrated are those unselfish workhorses.

Corr was exceptional for us and scored lots of goals. Didn't anywhere else. Sometimes it just clicks.

We are bottom of the league. The worst of the worst. Skint, embargoed and we are arguing about who we want etc.

I'd take an experienced and fit target man who can help us get points in anyway we can. Either scoring them, defending set pieces, holding the ball near the final whistle. We don't need a prolific marksman, although granted it would be helpful. We need power, strength and know how. Naivety and frailty have cost us quite a few points already.

We take what we can get in and hope for the best.

We need a target man. Target men don't tend to score bundles of goals. Fortune didn't and was a very useful player for us. Very clever and a team player. Lee Bradbury played the same way. Underrated are those unselfish workhorses.

Corr was exceptional for us and scored lots of goals. Didn't anywhere else. Sometimes it just clicks.

We are bottom of the league. The worst of the worst. Skint, embargoed and we are arguing about who we want etc.

I'd take an experienced and fit target man who can help us get points in anyway we can. Either scoring them, defending set pieces, holding the ball near the final whistle. We don't need a prolific marksman, although granted it would be helpful. We need power, strength and know how. Naivety and frailty have cost us quite a few points already.

We take what we can get in and hope for the best.

True but he was rated at Cambridge.Obviously his injury record didn't help.

We've had several Angell types - they didn't work out though because they were missing the Benjamin types to ensure they got the service they needed to score.

Let's face it every team wants a 20 goal a season striker and, if any were available, why on earth would they choose to join us ? Our options are players past their best, yet to show their best, or punts on non-league like Brandon Goodship. Obviously Bill Garner and Freddie Eastwood worked out well for us, as did Stan Collymore but it's a lottery and we probably can't afford very many tickets at the moment..

Just to set the record straight on Ian Benjamin he scored 33 goals in 122 appearances according to Wikipedia, a more than satisfactory ratio for a second striker, even if it wasn't his most important contribution.

Are we not due another statement from the buffonted one ? It will probably be a copy and paste from this time last year with the same rubbish, and how we are going to wait for the january transfer window etc etc. How none of this is his fault.

Back