• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

Be interesting if another hurdle gets cleared today.

It will mean plans being submitted and another large hurdle cleared. May be enough to secure some more funds and get us out of embargo. Tonight's game highlights the importance of getting it done. Hart and Akinola would undoubtedly start.
No consultation has been undertaken in relation to the revised scheme proposed for Fossetts Farm at this stage although the current stadium plans have been consulted on as part of the planning process and have received significant media attention.

This part of the Cabinet report tells me there is still a way to go.

No consultation has been undertaken in relation to the revised scheme proposed for Fossetts Farm at this stage although the current stadium plans have been consulted on as part of the planning process and have received significant media attention.

This part of the Cabinet report tells me there is still a way to go.
I joined the cabinet call at 2.00 but had to drop at 2.20 to do some work
There was a short lived thread on here which is where I got the( Public) link from, but I can’t see the thread now, and I can’t see anyone giving a summary. I assume some extra listened to all of it?

Someone on The SOS - Save Our Southend facebook group is reporting they've had a call with Ron - allegedly he needs another million quid before the embargo can be lifted - ain't happening this week, and probably not next week either

Where has the 1million figure come from. If this is true we really are in the **** and RM has being talking a lot of porkies lately. Why bother signing anybody if we are in this dire state

Who would we owe 1 million to?

Maybe it's our forecasted deficit to the tax man once all the payment holidays have expired. He needs a payment plan which presumably includes the current backlog plus the forecast payments over the coming months

Someone on The SOS - Save Our Southend facebook group is reporting they've had a call with Ron - allegedly he needs another million quid before the embargo can be lifted - ain't happening this week, and probably not next week either
In that case were down

This is fake news, surely. Who is this ‘Jack’ that is claiming Ron swore at him and quoted a £1m debt?

Why? From experience this sounds pretty standard on how Ron communicates with people when they do not conform to his ideas.

Back