• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'A football match at Southend' got a mention on the last episode of Have I Got News For You (presented by Martin Clunes).:smile:

I saw that last night; I wondered why Southend was mentioned as I certainly didn't recognise the ground and one of the featured teams (judging by a flag in the background) appeared to be Salisbury City.

I saw that last night; I wondered why Southend was mentioned as I certainly didn't recognise the ground and one of the featured teams (judging by a flag in the background) appeared to be for Salisbury City.
My thought was that it was deliberately not SUFC so that no one could claim the programme was highlighting the club as being involved in the match fixing claims. But it was nice that Southend got a mention.

Maybe Brentford fan hasn't been to Roots Hall for many years, and was thinking of the old South Stand.. that was quite steep.

I heard a recent Fighting Talk where they said Alison Moyet was a Palace fan. I made a point on twitter, Alison got involved and the comic had to apologise to her!

:winking:

Reports like that are why I no longer buy a newspaper.

But mostly because you're tight fisted.

Incidentally, The Times have started cutting back on their Football League coverage. A couple of paragraphs for each game (more in the Championship) had been the norm, but they've slipped back to as little as a sentence or two now.

On the 3rd round preview page in today's Guardian there is just one tiny monochrome photo with the caption: Roots Hall 1956 demonstrated e true definition of a waterlogged pitch.
is this a southend fan determined to get us publicity whatever, or a Col U / W Ham / Orient / Gills fan looking for any opportunity to take the p?
Anyone know the match incidentally, and he score?

Thanks to RobM and firestorm for quickly giving me that info - I didn't realise Trautmann had played at RH - even at my advanced age that's before my RH time!

Back