• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Thought I'd start a new thread as a place for people to post random bits and bobs about the club that appear in the national media. First up, we got a mention on BBC Five Live's "Fighting Talk" last Saturday when the panel were asked to name the most 'fantastically grotty' stadium in the world.

Fast forward to about 14:30 where Brentford fan Nathan Caton nominates Roots Hall...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03kp6yg

He makes some fair points about the crap PA system, but is Roots Hall really "in the middle of nowhere"? And is the away stand "really really steep"? I don't go to the North Bank often these days but it's hardly the San Siro is it?

I think if you're daft enough to get off at Southend Vic or Central then Roots is a fair hike outside of the town centre. But is that any different from most football stadiums? MK Dons is in Bletchley and Northampton IS in the middle of nowhere.

Thought I'd start a new thread as a place for people to post random bits and bobs about the club that appear in the national media. First up, we got a mention on BBC Five Live's "Fighting Talk" last Saturday when the panel were asked to name the most 'fantastically grotty' stadium in the world.

Fast forward to about 14:30 where Brentford fan Nathan Caton nominates Roots Hall...

He makes some fair points about the crap PA system, but is Roots Hall really "in the middle of nowhere"? And is the away stand "really really steep"? I don't go to the North Bank often these days but it's hardly the San Siro is it?

**** don't have a clue - away stand is not steep clueless

I think if you're daft enough to get off at Southend Vic or Central then Roots is a fair hike outside of the town centre. But is that any different from most football stadiums? MK Dons is in Bletchley and Northampton IS in the middle of nowhere.

Mebbes aye. In terms of (now-ex) Football League grounds, Rushden's ground, in some tiny Northamptonshire village, was another case in point.

Hardly in the middle of nowhere.

By car it's straight in on the main road into the town.

By train it's a 2 minute walk from Prittlewell station.

I think worst for location is between Oxford and Yeovil!

Hardly in the middle of nowhere.

By car it's straight in on the main road into the town.

By train it's a 2 minute walk from Prittlewell station.

I think worst for location is between Oxford and Yeovil!

But will Fossetts Farm ever join them?

Presumably it's the only game he's been to outside of London.

You would assume that most away fans at least get some idea of the location before going , but amusingly not always the case.
When I lived in SARF London , many a 'tanked up Northern chap' used to roll out of the pubs in Crystal Palace at 2:45 and ask which way to the ground.
They often got quite upset when informed that Crystal Palace actually played in Selhurst , which is a fair old walk away - happy days !

You would assume that most away fans at least get some idea of the location before going , but amusingly not always the case.
When I lived in SARF London , many a 'tanked up Northern chap' used to roll out of the pubs in Crystal Palace at 2:45 and ask which way to the ground.
They often got quite upset when informed that Crystal Palace actually played in Selhurst , which is a fair old walk away - happy days !

You're not wrong. I live in Crystal Palace now and its gotta be a half-hour walk from The Triangle (Central CP) to the ******** of Norwood Junction/Selhurst where the ground is.

If he thinks Roots Hall is bad then god forbid he visits Gillingham's ground!

Lets hope he never has to go to QPR's ground. My QPR mate says every game some away fans mistakenly get off at Queens Park station. It's 3 and 1/2 miles away.

Back