• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Ladies

Obviously though it’s ok saying this but it’s got to be something the ladies want, for all I know they might not want anything to do with SUFC itself
Yes it must be good for both parties but if they did not want to be part of SUFC why Use the name?

I was only speaking to one of the players sisters and there does appear to some issues with those running the club . Also I understand that that several people have tried to discuss things , such as interviews , and not received much enthusiasm . It would need the Ladies to approach the club , but I doubt they would do it again unless there was a guarantee that they would not be turned down again , and I wouldn't blame them if that was they case .

This is a big game for the girls on Sunday
Lets hope they can achieve an upset and get through to the next round.

Its is a 1pm KO at Park Lane on Canvey

I’d be very surprised if Southend get away with a 4-0 loss, hashtag are very useful outfit with a few players that should be playing a higher level, seen them play twice this season and one of my old team mates is manager, goodluck to both sides.

Lovely to see some messages from everyone for the girls game today including some of the SUFC players and KM.
I would attach the video but alas I am useless at everything technical but hopefully the young man @Cricko will do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southend Ladies currently find themselves 7-0 down after 30 minutes… they’ve done very well to get to this stage, but quite a mismatch today.

I haven’t watched a huge amount of Ladies football, but Hashtag look good compared to what I’ve seen previously.

Live stream:

Hashtag Ladies only formed in 2020 (under that name anyway) and haven't lost a match all season so much like when Man United formed a ladies team and steamrolled the second tier of women's football the owners are probably funding the club significantly to get up the divisions so they're probably much better than their place in the football pyramid suggests.

Was gonna be a very tough game today. Just seen the last 10 mins of the first half and Klaudia made a couple of good saves

Did I just hear correctly that we have a centre back playing in goal today?! She’s been our best player by a country mile, so impressive if true!

They’ve done well to get this far. I don’t know for certain but im assuming a gap of 3 divisions in Ladies football is bigger than a gap of 3 divisions in Men’s football?

Back