• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Ladies

I think they're a long way down the pyramid, aren't they ?
7th tier I think, it's probably the kind of level where if some interest was drummed up enough funding could be raised to climb the pyramid.

At the moment in Essex the main women's football club is Billericay, they got promoted to the third tier last season, beating fellow Essex side Hashtag United to the title by a single point (only the champions get promoted in that league). Hashtag United were previously Basildon Ladies, who you might remember Steve Tilson managed for a bit a few years ago.

Last edited:
7th tier I think, it's probably the kind of level where if some interest was drummed up enough funding could be raised to climb the pyramid.

At the moment in Essex the main women's football club is Billericay, they got promoted to the third tier last season, beating fellow Essex side Hashtag United to the title by a single point (only the champions get promoted in that league). Hashtag United were previously Basildon Ladies, who you might remember Steve Tilson managed for a bit a few years ago.
Oh yeah. Just been looking it up. They leave SUFC a long way behind. I suppose it's the invetsment they've put into it, whereas we've had to focus on the mens team first

Shame that the Southend Ladies couldn’t be invited to play a game or two at Roots Hall. Be a great experience for them to play at the stadium and also this would almost certainly create interest & enhance the profile of the women’s game within the Southend era.

Sadly I hear it is a matter of cost however. 😔

It's also a shame nothing is setup for girls aged u16 ie on the youth side of things. Again, I imagine this is down to cost but perhaps something might change over the next couple of years as the ground facilities develop, along with the success of the euros.

@Tinks or anybody else who can answer this….
Why is it that in womens football the standard of goalkeeper seems well below the rest of the positions? Is it a physicality thing? I’m only going by what I have seen on tv.
The standard is really improving. One of the big differences in the Euros between us and our opponents, especially in the latter stages, was the very high standard of our goalkeeper

I see a lot of signings from Leigh ramblers..,did they fold? What’s the difference vin levels of Sufc and ramblers? Are we gonna get more coverage on games? Pics?

I didn’t go yesterday but I know Phil did so hopefully he will put something up

I see a lot of signings from Leigh ramblers..,did they fold? What’s the difference vin levels of Sufc and ramblers? Are we gonna get more coverage on games? Pics?
I think it was the reserve team that folded. They were a division above Southend Ladies from what I understand so is be a positive for the season ahead

I didn’t go yesterday but I know Phil did so hopefully he will put something up
A game played in hot conditions for which the ref sensibly had drinks breaks in both halves.

Pretty tight affair, pre season game with players still getting used to how each other play.

Conceded early in the second half with a ball through the middle that looked suspiciously like it was knocked forward with an arm.

We got level with what was probably the best move of the game. Good work on the right allowed space to put a pin point cross in for Trialist A (Ellie Wood) to finish from 6 yards

Southend United Ladies

FULL TIME

Our final pre-season friendly ends in defeat.

Some great football played by the Blues with a number of chances created!

Hard work continues towards next week’s FA Cup game!

sufc ladies result.jpg

Game been stopped, one of the Hertford Town players dropped like a stone, Eriksen style. Thankfully she is now being walked off thr pitch but she was unconscious for a while. Ambulance been called as her breathing is shallow and back in the recovery position

Chatting to one of the opposition fans, she has a heart problem so maybe shouldn't have been playing.

Back