• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United letter: Stop the negativity and lets get 40 points

It is indeed the very same Grant Littler. He was at SHSB in the late 50s-60s. Was in the House of Troy, School Prefect and played hockey for the School. Didn't appear to show any interest in football during the time I was there.
Maybe he just loves an underdog?

Maybe he just loves an underdog?

That'd be from his school days being in Troy :Winking:

Started up a company called Nightingale Littler just as Ron was getting his feet under the table at Roots Hall 20 years ago. Went in to compulsory liquidation and wound up a couple of years or so back.

One thing's for certain, if you post a open letter to the Echo offering a positive spin you can guarantee you will get well and truly rinsed on ShrimperZone.

One thing's for certain, if you post a open letter to the Echo offering a positive spin you can guarantee you will get well and truly rinsed on ShrimperZone.

Positive spin ? It was positively hyperbole !

Being positive is one thing, but don’t **** on my head, and tell me it’s raining.

Being positive is one thing, but don’t **** on my head, and tell me it’s raining.
Positive spin ? It was positively hyperbole !
I get that chaps and I don't disagree, but my post concerned disecting the bloke's school days, sporting prowess, business success (or lack of it) and his political tendancies as a local councillor. Anyway, at least I know a lot more about him now, even if I haven't met him.:Winking:

I get that chaps and I don't disagree, but my post concerned disecting the bloke's school days, sporting prowess, business success (or lack of it) and his political tendancies as a local councillor. Anyway, at least I know a lot more about him now, even if I haven't met him.:Winking:

...the peerless influence of Shrimperzone!

Nice sentiments Sir. But in reality we are record breakers (for all the wrong reasons) probably up there with the worst teams in our history and simply put they are dog shi* and wouldn't look out of place in the National league. No amount of belief will change that I am afraid. Worst thing is, the players don't believe either, so what hope for the supporters?
There quality in the National League though.

I have met him a few times. The last time was on the way to Wimbledon a few week ago on the train. I think I even made him go to the game, sorry Grant.
He is a good friend of Ron Martin.

I have met him a few times. The last time was on the way to Wimbledon a few week ago on the train. I think I even made him go to the game, sorry Grant.
He is a good friend of Ron Martin.
Ah that's it then. Ron probably told him we are going to get the 40 points needed to stay up.

Back