• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United letter: Stop the negativity and lets get 40 points

I agree with the article in the Echo, I'm fed up and bored with the negativity and abuse from a lot of the fans. Let's get relegated with a smile and be happy, we can't do a thing about it can we, you never know miracles can happen. Better to accept the inevitable and hope for the best.

Nice sentiments Sir. But in reality we are record breakers (for all the wrong reasons) probably up there with the worst teams in our history and simply put they are dog shi* and wouldn't look out of place in the National league. No amount of belief will change that I am afraid. Worst thing is, the players don't believe either, so what hope for the supporters?

Unless we set the goal and go for it we won't do it. We are a country of naysayers and doom mongers and, whilst it is very unlikely, if we are prepared to believe in the "sunlit uplands" then there is no reason to believe this isn't doable either.

So the sentiment is spot on imho

Why even give yourself any hope. We are down. I'll stop being negative when this season is over.

Why even give yourself any hope. We are down. I'll stop being negative when this season is over.

There’s a very thin line between being pragmatic and negative. Given the steep decline in performances and consistent failure to win a game of football, I’d put holding a view we are going down and all that’s associated with our current situation/circumstances as a sense of realism, not negativity.

Last edited:
The fact we have a win ratio of 0% in the league since Sol took over unfortunately suggests a bit too much optimism,along with no new manager bounce and drawing games against the teams at the bottom

Negativity? The League table and the Club's financial state speak for themselves. What Mr Littler needs is a reality check IMO.

Negativity? The League table and the Club's financial state speak for themselves. What Mr Littler needs is a reality check IMO.
The world and his dog knows the situation so why keep on about it, it won't change anything at all. So accept reality, smile and feel better.

If no-one posted anything negative this place won’t be here for when things finally turn around.
I’m pretty sure there’s much more activity on here when things are bad.. would love to know that actually can any Mod confirm?

I never understand posts that decry negativity - and not because I'm negative.
Someone above said if we don't 'believe' it's not going to get better.
I can believe all I want I'm going to the Olympics; I can train and prepare like an Olympian, but it aint gonna happen because I don't have the talent.
The fittest, up-for-it Bowers & Pitsea player plays for his club, and no disrespect to B&P, because as yet he's not good enough for the Football League.
Sadly, I have to side with Westie above, and hope the average in our ranks get replaced by those more able.

Fan for 5 years? Lets see how glass half full he is after another 25....

I find that level of blind optimism quite annoying tbh.
Its not negativity its reality, moods swing with the fortunes of the club on and off the pitch.

We all still turn up, tune in and log on no matter what because we will never stop supporting our team. The least that team can do is entertain us and look like they give a toss . They are getting paid to do so. You cant look at our season and see it as anything other then a total disaster. Being chripy and positive about it is slightly insane.

Last edited:
Fan for 5 years? Lets see how glass half full he is after another 25....

I find that level of blind optimism quite annoying tbh.
Its not negativity its reality, moods swing with the fortunes of the club on and off the pitch.

We all still turn up, tune in and log on no matter what because we will never stop supporting our team. The least that team can do is entertain us. They are getting paid to do so.
I am sure I was at Southend High School at the same time as someone with the same name as this person in the Echo back in the early sixties so I doubt either of us will be around in 25 years time!

There’s a very thin line between being pragmatic and negative. Given the steep decline in performances and consistent failure to win a game of football, I’d put holding a view we are going doing and all that’s associated with our current situation/circumstances as a sense of realism, not negativity.

Exactly, have been supporting for 50+ years, I'm not being negative, just realistic. I now go along to RH hoping to see some improvement and more entertaining matches for the rest of this season - a lot of new faces for next season to form a team to give us something to cheer about by this time next year, UTB.

No supporter of this Football club, should ever be ridiculed for their length of service.

Although it’s probably fair to say that this guy is clearly, barking mad.

We’ve managed a whopping 10 points from a possible 75 so far this season. And this bloke thinks we’re somehow going to get 30 from a possible 57? In absolute dreamland if he thinks that’s possible.

We all know it’s impossible, but wow what a story it would be if we did pull it off. We would be talking about “the great escape” and that huge winning run for years and how we all knew they weren’t really a bad team ?

Oh to dream

We’ve managed a whopping 10 points from a possible 75 so far this season. And this bloke thinks we’re somehow going to get 30 from a possible 57? In absolute dreamland if he thinks that’s possible.

Perhaps he’s heard that Barry Fry is coming back.

Back