• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Jakub Sokolik

PB in the Echo today reckons we are in the 'Box Seat' to sign Jakob. Hopefully the Echo feed will carry the story on here soon. Really hope it's true, he would be a major asset for us. Anyone know anything more?

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown will today hold further talks with Jakub Sokolik’s agent in a bid to bring the Czech defender to the club on a permanent basis.

More...

Mods..Do you want to merge the comments here into the Echo feed? Can't see the point of two threads running for the same thing.

I don't know who promotes this info and I'm not quite sure I like it.........just hopes it serves some positive purpose. Personally, I don't much care about the fact that we may be in the 'box seat', 'driving seat', 'front seat'.......whatever bloody seat, I just want to hear that we have signed the guy.

Yes I hope the deal is to all intents and purposes done- else it runs the risk of igniting accelerated interest from other clubs
IMO he will be a better player than Egan as he is better on the ball and would have been theone out of the two I would have opted for.

If he pulls this off it could be one of the best signings for a few years. Him and prosser in defence with Bentley behind them and timlin/Leonard in front looks very solid.

I agree with most of the previous comments.
Great signing if we get him , but why does Mr Brown go into print saying how great he was for us before it's a 'done deal'.
Really hope he signs , but the only person pleased with this article is probably the guys agent ( also named just in case any club was struggling to find out who Sokoliks agent was - just forgot to give his email and mobile number ! ).
Anyway , sarcasm over , in Brown we trust.

Yes I hope the deal is to all intents and purposes done- else it runs the risk of igniting accelerated interest from other clubs
IMO he will be a better player than Egan as he is better on the ball and would have been theone out of the two I would have opted for.

I'd have LOVED both, been very happy with one and would have totally expected to get neither so if we do manage to sign Sokolik then PB has done a fantastic job with that one (and all hail Bob Shaw!). :thumbsup:

Think it would be a real coup if we can get him signed up

This player is far too composed for this league and is another one of those that would probably look much better in a higher league and most definately has the ability to play at championship level in the next few seasons.

If we do sign him i hope its a 3 year deal as i think one full season regardless of promotion will see him want to play for a bigger club than us.

I don't know who promotes this info and I'm not quite sure I like it.........just hopes it serves some positive purpose. Personally, I don't much care about the fact that we may be in the 'box seat', 'driving seat', 'front seat'.......whatever bloody seat, I just want to hear that we have signed the guy.

I tend to agree. I'd much prefer the surprise of a good signing over hearing Brown's comments and then losing out because another club has been alerted by them.

It's all gone very quiet regarding Sokolik recently but there's an update on him in tomorrow's Echo apparently.

Back