• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United manager Phil Brown will not cut short Shaq Coulthirst's loan spell fr

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown insists Shaq Coulthirst will not be cutting short his loan spell with the Shrimpers.

More...

Mentioned on the Tweets thread also.

4th choice here now up front, seemingly 3rd choice on the left behind Hurst and Weston, so really wouldn't be surprised. Spurs have good links with Stevenage as well so wouldn't be shocked if that did happen, where I'm guessing he'd be starting for them.

Brown says he's staying? He'll be signing for Stevenage in a few days then...

I'd say wait until after our game with them. He is bound to score the winner and put in a man of the match performance.

Wonder if Spurs will keep him as his contract is up at the end of the season and he hasn't shown much to suggest he will be close to the Spurs first team IMO.

at best he is a lower end division one player my manager at work is a spurs fan who spoke about him in high regard
I haven't seen anything from him so cant share his views on him

Taking a Prem/Championship development player is always going to be a lottery. Shaq has never really done it for us so far, and Woodrow and the Norwich twosome were not the successes we all hoped for. Brit, on the other hand was the business. You just never know whether a player with a 'nobby' side is going to be able to show their class in the morass that is Division 2.

With the latest batch of loans now pushing for 1st team inclusion, I doubt very much that Shaq will be with us much longer. If he goes to Stevenage please let it be with a rider that he can't play against us (cos you just know what may happen), but I would have thought that would be Spurs shout as much as ours.

I thought you could only play for 2 clubs in one season? us obviously & hasn't he played for Spurs under 21 in a competition? if that counts then he won't be going anywhere.

With Barnard injured I expect he will remain with us till the end of the season.

We won't really have a say in it if theres a recall clause in his contract. Spurs want their man to play and he's now 4th choice striker, maybe even 5th if you were to include Weston

Looks to have been a product of Blair Sturrock school of goalscoring since his been with us. No doubt he will go elsewhere and score loads

I thought you could only play for 2 clubs in one season? us obviously & hasn't he played for Spurs under 21 in a competition? if that counts then he won't be going anywhere.

I doubt that counts

That's a big issue at the moment, the FA don't count it as one, but Hatem Ben Arfa played for Hull on loan, played an u21 game for Newcastle and FIFA have blocked him from playing for his new club, Nice, as they claim the u21 game was a competitive fixture.

Looks to have been a product of Blair Sturrock school of goalscoring since his been with us. No doubt he will go elsewhere and score loads

He got 3 goals in 503 minutes last season, in League 1 and 2. That is a goal every 168 minutes, less than 1 every 2 games.

This season he has 3 goals in 1204 minutes. That is a goal every 401 minutes, less than 1 every 4.5 games. If he has the same scoring rate as last season then he should be on 7-8.

There was no doubt he had potential to score before he came here, it just never happened due to our system. In fact, he only played 7 minutes in League 1 for Orient and managed to score!

That's a big issue at the moment, the FA don't count it as one, but Hatem Ben Arfa played for Hull on loan, played an u21 game for Newcastle and FIFA have blocked him from playing for his new club, Nice, as they claim the u21 game was a competitive fixture.

How ridiculous

He seems to be lacking a bit of confidence in front of goal at the moment but I do feel he will come good sooner or later.. Maybe even not while with us, but he has something. He showed it when he came off the bench against Pompey at home this season with a great bit of skill and near finish. Although last week at home he had a few opportunities that he totally fluffed.. Time will tell I guess

Back