• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

***Southend United Managerial Recruitment ****

Just think how big for us this October could be. Planning permission approved (subject to SoS), new manager in place, Stan on board to help steer this new approach.
Imagine the scenes if we get refused planning permission

Where has the rumour of Brian Barry Murphy come from? I can't see anything on previous threads?
I am speculating but if Brian Barry-Murphy is in the frame, I would imagine his name was derived from SC's list. He did a very good job as Rochdale's manager despite a meagre budget before resigning in late June 2021 and taking on the role of manager of Manchester City's Elite Development Squad. Presumably, Barry-Murphy got the job at Man City because he is highly rated and SC would have been aware of that.

Some trash Twitter account that I don’t think has ever been right. But a stopped clock is right twice a day!!

tbf, BBM would fit a lot of the criteria. Young manager but some league experience, plays attacking game, Southend connection and current manager of Man City development squad.

as I say, probably trash rumour but could be the sort of left field name we probably need to be expecting.
The other interesting u23 manager is Kevin Betsy at arsenal - also played for Southend

Thank you for the updates @StanleyVictorCollymore they are greatly appreciated, never felt so included in the club’s process, I really hope you get a formal role with the club going forward, a consultant perhaps?

Thanks Stan, must have been such a busy week for you and the other guys.

Looking forward to a win today and then more positive news with a new manager and proper structure in place soon!

Barry Murphy i think would be great for this club ,Ties with Man city academy too ,perhaps some interesting loanees could come our way from that. I did post earlier Pep is on his way and bringing RS with him lol

I think we have attracted some good names we are a big club big fan base

Just think how big for us this October could be. Planning permission approved (subject to SoS), new manager in place, Stan on board to help steer this new approach.
Stopping the rot is the first priority and Stan seems on top of that, but I'm not sure planning permission is the panacea that some are hoping for. There's still loads to understand about the commercial arrangements around playing at FF. Much as I'd like the new ground to be handed back to the club, I doubt this will happen and the club is highly likely to be paying rent.
Hopefully once the new manager is in place, Stan and Tom will switch their focus to clarifying the long term business model.

Without blowing too much smoke, I love that after all the efforts going into the recruitment process, you’ve still found the time to write this up for us. Cheers @StanleyVictorCollymore

Much appreciated feedback.

This.

I'll admit I was (unfairly) critical of Stan when he reached out to Ron during the summer which ultimately resulted in nothing changing.

However, its great to see not only real change happening but positive updates from Stan himself.

If we stay up this season then it'll be largely down to Stan and his obvious passion and belief in the changes that have been so sorely needed for a number of years.

From everyone on here, @StanleyVictorCollymore, very much appreciate all your are doing for SUFC

The other interesting u23 manager is Kevin Betsy at arsenal - also played for Southend
That would be a great appointment but I don't think he would leave at this point. I'm interested by the thought, that I'm thinking I'm the only one who has mentioned yet, of Andrew Crofts.

That would be a great appointment but I don't think he would leave at this point. I'm interested by the thought, that I'm thinking I'm the only one who has mentioned yet, of Andrew Crofts.
I think Stan mentioned that National League knowledge was a "prerequisite" for the Southend job. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I remember Kevin Betsy as a player under Tilly, I was watching as a young lad then. He was decent if I remember.

If his managing skills are half as good as his footballing skills were then I wouldn't be disappointed.

I wonder if we will ever know the list of candidates that were afforded interviews?
I for one would love to know...

Back