• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

***Southend United Managerial Recruitment ****

I don't see why Ron wouldn't agree to it. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to lend some perspective and Ron has made it plain in his recent comments that he acknowledges that he's taken his eye off the ball and things need to change.

The good thing about Stan's involvement is he doesn't care what Ron thinks of him, he's not sugar coating anything and he's come into Ron and told him how it is. I suspect Ron hasn't always had that forthright perspective coming in from the outside from someone so high profile in the game.

I still don't believe that Ron wants anything other than the best for this club. It just so happens that he has really made some terrible mistakes and decisions over the years. Someone needed to wrestle the football side of the business away from him.
Yep... I just want Stan to not care what some fans think of him. He is such a breath of fresh air at the moment that the hope is going to kill us if he retreats again.

I don't see why Ron wouldn't agree to it. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to lend some perspective and Ron has made it plain in his recent comments that he acknowledges that he's taken his eye off the ball and things need to change.

The good thing about Stan's involvement is he doesn't care what Ron thinks of him, he's not sugar coating anything and he's come into Ron and told him how it is. I suspect Ron hasn't always had that forthright perspective coming in from the outside from someone so high profile in the game.

I still don't believe that Ron wants anything other than the best for this club. It just so happens that he has really made some terrible mistakes and decisions over the years. Someone needed to wrestle the football side of the business away from him.
I have also felt that Ron has been passionate about our club always. Mistakes he’s made a few.
I’ve seen this scenario before where an owner or director that has no knowledge makes the wrong choices.
I’ve been involved in focus groups just giving the director options as we were the product experts but ultimately the director made the choices.
And also finally been there when the director started to listen to those options. It took our group about 1 and a half years to get the director to take our advice.
I suspect it’s been a lot longer for Stan behind the scenes to get Ron to properly start to implement his advice but we are moving into one of the most exciting eras for our club ladies and gentlemen and all because Stan never dropped the hammer he just carried on with passion until Ron started to listen!

Reactions: TJC
Great uplifting report Stan. Sounded quite Churchillian (think it’s spelt right). Thanks Stan. COYB !?

I don’t want Stan on the shortlist. Managers come and go. If Stan’s ideas and positivity come to fruition then he could have far greater impact than any manager could have on our fortunes.
Stan doesn’t want it- he’s ‘merely’ facilitating & ushering in a new manager & new dawn for this great football club of ours.

Hopefully now Ron has seen Stan in action he will realise he isn’t being shafted & that everyone concerned has Southend’s short & long term future at heart.

I don’t want Stan on the shortlist. Managers come and go. If Stan’s ideas and positivity come to fruition then he could have far greater impact than any manager could have on our fortunes.
The wink suggested my comment was tongue in cheek, he’s already said he’s not up for management.

Just the positivity and validity of Stan’s contribution and updates are the style of influence we need throughout the club, that is all.

I wonder if Demi also does a good job as caretaker manager ,he would be looked at as a candidate for first team trainer..But on the subject of SVC ,he really has begun to unite all the supporters ,ive never read so many positive threads in one single post. Long may it continue .Thanks Stan, you are a true Legend of my club and a warrior.

Thanks for the update @StanleyVictorCollymore - very insightful.

It looks like the bookies have stopped taking bets on who our next manager will be. Can we deduce from that that stage 2 of the recruitment process has moved along quite quickly and the announcement of our new manager could be imminent, or are they premature in closing the book?

Thanks for the update @StanleyVictorCollymore - very insightful.

It looks like the bookies have stopped taking bets on who our next manager will be. Can we deduce from that that stage 2 of the recruitment process has moved along quite quickly and the announcement of our new manager could be imminent, or are they premature in closing the book?
I can’t imagine they have much of an idea who @StanleyVictorCollymore has bought to the table. Look at the rumour of Brian Barry-Murphy if that’s true. Very much outside the box and not a name anyone mentioned here.
Bookies will be going for usual names (aka Ron’s list). Currie, Barrett, Harris etc

I can’t imagine they have much of an idea who @StanleyVictorCollymore has bought to the table. Look at the rumour of Brian Barry-Murphy if that’s true. Very much outside the box and not a name anyone mentioned here.
Bookies will be going for usual names (aka Ron’s list). Currie, Barrett, Harris etc
Where has the rumour of Brian Barry Murphy come from? I can't see anything on previous threads?

Is this the same Southend United?

Whenever Stan involved I feel a connection with my club again that has been missing for so many years.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the updates ?

I hope when we get the new stadium, that we name one of the stands after Stan, just remember Stans input Mr Martin

Where has the rumour of Brian Barry Murphy come from? I can't see anything on previous threads?
Some trash Twitter account that I don’t think has ever been right. But a stopped clock is right twice a day!!

tbf, BBM would fit a lot of the criteria. Young manager but some league experience, plays attacking game, Southend connection and current manager of Man City development squad.

as I say, probably trash rumour but could be the sort of left field name we probably need to be expecting.

Some trash Twitter account that I don’t think has ever been right. But a stopped clock is right twice a day!!

tbf, BBM would fit a lot of the criteria. Young manager but some league experience, plays attacking game, Southend connection and current manager of Man City development squad.

as I say, probably trash rumour but could be the sort of left field name we probably need to be expecting.
The same Twitter account that kicked off about Demi being appointed and couldn’t understand why we hadn’t let Dave Huzzey do it.

I’ll be linked with the manager job next just got to find fm lol ?

Back